Nginx will not start automaticly after installing YH Debian 11 by Raspi image

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi (4) at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.9
I have access to my server : Through SSH YES

| through the webadmin - NO

| direct access via keyboard / screen -NO

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : NO

Description of my issue

Still try to update my server to Debian 11. Since the migration script did not work for me i tried it now with a fresh install. So i downloaded the image YH 11.0.9-stable and made a new systemdisk for my rasp4.

During restoring the system files from a Backup i got the message that
nginx is not running

I redid this with a new image by doing this postinstall steps without my backups but again nginx was not running…

I could start nginx with “systemctl restart nginx” but i guess this should be fixed in the image…

now i will try to rebuild my apps from the backups… i will report how it goes…

Let’s look at nginx -t

I could start nginx with “systemctl restart nginx” and it seams running good so fare… but it should start automatically after a fresh install, right?

Yes …

but it is not… :frowning:

I rebuild now my system without the System configurations from my buckup

Manually modified configurations mind be the problem…

under services i don´t see php8 right now. How to install it the best?

If only we had a way to access the logs …

here is the log of the installation when i tried to use the System configurations from my buckup

`

root@yunohost:~# yunohost backup list
archives: system-20220814-092946
root@yunohost:~# yunohost backup restore system-20220814-092946
Info: Preparing archive for restoration...
Info: Installing YunoHost...
nginx.service is not active, cannot reload.
Warning: Could not execute the command 'systemctl reload nginx'
Success! Self-signed certificate now installed for the domain 'my.infozoo.de'
Success! Domain created
Success! The main domain has been changed
Info: Your root password have been replaced by your admin password.
Success! The administration password was changed
Success! Firewall reloaded
Success! App catalog system initialized!
Info: Updating application catalog...
Success! The application catalog has been updated!
Success! The service 'yunohost-firewall' will now be automatically started during system boots.
Success! Service 'yunohost-firewall' started
Success! Configuration updated for 'ssh'
Success! Configuration updated for 'yunohost'
Success! Configuration updated for 'ssl'
Success! Configuration updated for 'slapd'
Success! Configuration updated for 'nslcd'
Success! Configuration updated for 'apt'
Info: The configuration file '/etc/metronome/metronome.cfg.lua' is now managed by YunoHost (category metronome).
Success! Configuration updated for 'metronome'
Success! Configuration updated for 'nginx'
Info: The configuration file '/etc/default/postsrsd' is now managed by YunoHost (category postfix).
Info: The configuration file '/etc/postfix/master.cf' is now managed by YunoHost (category postfix).
Info: The configuration file '/etc/postfix/main.cf' is now managed by YunoHost (category postfix).
Success! Configuration updated for 'postfix'
Info: The configuration file '/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf' is now managed by YunoHost (category dovecot).
Success! Configuration updated for 'dovecot'
Success! Configuration updated for 'rspamd'
Success! Configuration updated for 'mdns'
Info: The configuration file '/etc/dnsmasq.conf' is now managed by YunoHost (category dnsmasq).
Info: The configuration file '/etc/default/dnsmasq' is now managed by YunoHost (category dnsmasq).
Success! Configuration updated for 'dnsmasq'
Success! Configuration updated for 'nsswitch'
Info: The configuration file '/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf' is now managed by YunoHost (category fail2ban).
Success! Configuration updated for 'fail2ban'
Warning: -- Journal begins at Mon 2022-08-08 11:55:54 BST, ends at Wed 2022-08-17 12:15:19 BST. --
Warning: Aug 08 11:57:24 yunohost systemd[1]: Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server...
Warning: Aug 17 11:47:05 yunohost systemd[1]: nginx.service: start-pre operation timed out. Terminating.
Warning: Aug 17 11:47:05 yunohost systemd[1]: nginx.service: Control process exited, code=killed, status=15/TERM
Warning: Aug 17 11:47:05 yunohost systemd[1]: nginx.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
Warning: Aug 17 11:47:05 yunohost systemd[1]: Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server.
Warning: Aug 17 12:14:18 yunohost systemd[1]: nginx.service: Unit cannot be reloaded because it is inactive.
Error: Could not run script: /usr/share/yunohost/hooks/conf_regen/15-nginx
Warning: insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `mariadb' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
Warning: insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `mariadb' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
Warning: insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `mariadb' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
Warning: insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `mariadb' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
Success! YunoHost is now configured
Warning: The post-install completed! To finalize your setup, please consider:
    - adding a first user through the 'Users' section of the webadmin (or 'yunohost user create <username>' in command-line);
    - diagnose potential issues through the 'Diagnosis' section of the webadmin (or 'yunohost diagnosis run' in command-line);
    - reading the 'Finalizing your setup' and 'Getting to know YunoHost' parts in the admin documentation: https://yunohost.org/admindoc.
Warning: The configuration file '/etc/ssh/sshd_config' has been manually modified and will not be updated
Warning: The configuration file '/etc/nslcd.conf' has been manually modified and will not be updated
Success! Configuration updated for 'metronome'
Warning: The configuration file '/etc/nginx/conf.d/yunohost_panel.conf.inc' has been manually modified and will not be updated
Warning: The configuration file '/etc/nginx/conf.d/security.conf.inc' has been manually modified and will not be updated
Success! Configuration updated for 'postfix'
Success! Configuration updated for 'dovecot'
Success! Configuration updated for 'dnsmasq'
Warning: slapcat: error writing output.
Warning: nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/usr/share/yunohost/other/ffdhe2048.pem") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/usr/share/yunohost/other/ffdhe2048.pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
Warning: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
Error: Could not run script: /usr/share/yunohost/hooks/conf_regen/15-nginx
Success! Restoration completed
apps: 
system: 
  conf_ldap: Success
  conf_manually_modified_files: Success
  conf_ynh_certs: Success
  conf_ynh_settings: Success
  data_home: Success
  data_mail: Success
  data_multimedia: Success
  data_xmpp: Success
root@yunohost:~#

Same problem as solved in another thread with you i believe …

so why does it say

at the beginning…

and like i said - even if i don´t use the System configurations from my buckup nginx does not start

What do you mean exactly, do you mean if you start from a fresh image and only restore apps from that archive, the nginx system conf still gets broken ?

Yes - nginx does not start - the conf is OK - but nginx has to be started manual

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.