Nextcloud Update

Hello All,
thanks for any help. This is an easy question I think, but I don’t know how to find the right information.

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Some storage box sitting next to my desk
YunoHost version: 4.0.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I would like to figure out how to update Nextcloud, it currently is 19.0.3 (shown in Nextcloud /settings/admin/overview), according to nextcloud_ynh Yunohost ships 20.0.2.

How can I update to that version? Why is it not shown in /yunohost/admin/#/update?

Also what is the usual time it takes till updates like this come to Yunohost?

And last but not least, did I use the correct category to post this question?

Regards
utzer

• Currently, the Master branch of nextcloud_ynh is version 19.0.3 (this is the one you get from the webadmin application catalog)

• Then there is the Testing branch (the one that appears by default in the nextcloud_ynh GitHub repo: This testing branch has Nextcloud 20.0.2. It will be merged into master after being tested by adventurous volunteers.

• You can test it yourself
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade nextcloud -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/nextcloud_ynh/tree/testing --debug
  • Finally, Pull Request which are new updates not yet merged into Testing branch. Currently: version 20.0.3, new NGINX configuration, etc.

Voilà

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, good to know.

This is mainly the upstream NextCloud and then the changes required for YunoHost, mainly out of the core NextCloud? So it could be considered pretty safe for NextCloud core?

If I decide to test, when and how can I switch back to the stable release? I mean I should update testing regularly, but then at some point I might want switch to the new release (20.x) again. How do I do this?

Maybe someone else can answer that question.

I am trying to find out how I can switch from the “Testing Branch” the “Master Branch” for some app? Mainly the question is, at some point Testing will be “moved” to master, then I could switch from version X to X of an app. Right?

Yes, as soon as there is a new version in Master it is offered for download automatically

No I mean I want to switch to testing now, then after some time want to switch to master again. That should be a time when testing=master. (equals)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.