Nextcloud skeleton folder

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Some server, not virtualization, bare metal.
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I have a pretty easy question regarding nextcloud, I setup a Yunohost server, which is currently only running Nextcloud, I wanted to ease the administration and setup work a bit and know how well yunohost works.

The question is about the skeleton folder for Nextcloud, the path to the skeleton folder is /var/www/nextcloud/core/skeleton, it contains the dummy data every user gets in their Nextcloud folder during the account setup.

I want to change this data, I think users can get a bit confused by this many files and folders that are there and might just think they have to keep them, so instead I want to give them just a “read me” file.

There is plenty of info about the skeleton data here, but in the bottom it reads:

Overwriting the files in core/skeleton is not recommended, because those changes will be overwritten on the next update of the Nextcloud server.

So finally my question

TL;DR
In Yunohost, would it be advisable to just configure some different skeleton folder via the Nextcloud config or will this be a problem too?
The choices I have are to either set a different skeleton folder or to restore the skeleton folder after every update of Nextcloud.

I am not sure what would be the best choice. Maybe someone can shed some light on it or share their experience with this.