Authentication issues with YunoHost 11.1.0 with new SSOwat version / Please upgrade to YunoHost 11.1.2 to fix

I mean you said you’re now running YunoHost 11.1.2.2 so I assume you just upgraded from 11.1.0 …

Yes sir. I did the fist part of your instructions then did nothing more than try to connect a Nextcloud client that failed with a new message regarding tokens.

See my earlier message for the correct message

Dj

Mokay, and does it work on your other devices ?

Not on iOS no

Dj

@Aleks Nextcloud client for OSX is NOW working… Just this minute tested it. File syncing works fine, however the password for contacts and calendar do not get authenticated.

I have tested the Nextcloud client on two different iOS devices with the same result. See attachment

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 23.53.43 Medium

dj

Sorry don’t understood all (sick kid don’t grow up my English abilities ^^)

For me it work do nothing but just

’’’curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchtoTesting | bash’’’

And then
’’’grep use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf /etc/ssowat/conf.json’’’

But the were not new update in admin panel after. I just try on Windows, Android, Linux and iMac and it’s look working so far

Thank all you deserve a jar of cookies :blush:
Very big thanks !!!

Thanks a lot @Aleks. As already discussed here, I indeed had a mixture of stable and testing packages installed. I did the switch to testing and now my clients are connecting again :slight_smile: For reference, here is my config:

$ sudo yunohost --version
yunohost: 
  repo: testing
  version: 11.1.2.2
yunohost-admin: 
  version: 11.1.2.1
moulinette: 
  version: 11.1.2
ssowat: 
  version: 11.1.2.4

And the content of /etc/ssowat/conf.json (notice that I needed to display more than 6 per occurence to see use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf).

"nextcloud.api": {
            "auth_header": false,
            "label": "Nextcloud (api)",
            "public": true,
            "show_tile": false,
            "uris": [
                "re:myotherdomain\\/.well-known\\/.*"
            ],
            "use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf": false,
            "users": [
--
        "nextcloud.main": {
            "auth_header": true,
            "label": "Nextcloud",
            "public": true,
            "show_tile": true,
            "uris": [
                "mydomain"
            ],
            "use_remote_user_var_in_nginx_conf": false,
            "users": [

For those willing to make the switch, just be aware that the admin user is deactivated in 11.1.

Since the script installs the testing versions of the packages, this is what I would expect.

Thanks for your help and this beautiful system that Yunohost is!

Hi,

hahaha : it is a great way to have more user in the testing channel.
I run
sudo curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchtoTesting | sudo bash
Then my yunohost has been updated.
And I was able to synchronise Nextcloud Client again.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cyril

1 Like

Is there a timetable when the failure will be fixed in stable?
Or is there the possibility of rebuilding on the test channel back into the stable channel?
I dont want to be a testing, but of course want to use my Servers again…

Hello everyone. Ok so we were all on the wrong testing version on YNH and with thanks to Aleks some of us have fixed that issue and we can now sync files with Nextcloud clients again… Whoo - Hooo!!

However. Although I can now use file sync using the Nextcloud client, non of my devices can use calDAV and CardDAV. I was using these across multiple devices trouble free since the ssowat update and although the file sync issue is working again, now I’m on the correct YNH version, my contacts and calendars will not authenticate.

I have deleted the Cal/CardDAV accounts on all of the devices and tried to recreate them without success. I just can’t seem to authenticate calendars and contacts any longer.

If anyone else uses Nextcloud Cal/CardDAV can you confirm that you are able to connect and sync your calendars and or contacts please.

Many thanks

Dj

Again thanks to Aleks for pointing us in the right direction with this. Merci.

Hi! I have no problem anymore after I upgraded testing ; CalDav and CardDav are correcly authenticated through my clients. And syncinc works too.

Thanks you, it’s worked @Aleks
Is it normal to have both stable and testing keyword ?

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yunohost.list
deb Index of /debian/ bullseye stable testing

I’ll follow your advise and keep testing until release of 11.1 in stable

@jeremy1 ok. Thanks for letting me know. Hmmm. I’ll have another try at this later. None of my devices, iOS or osx will authenticate at all now. Very odd.

Dj

I just made a test by adding new event in thunderbird and it sync on my smartphone.
CalDav work here sorry

My bad, I do have 401 errors actually, but only when I use the Ubuntu “online accounts” utility in order to use Evolution which is well integrated to Ubuntu’s Gnome. Thunderbird works fine as it authenticates without using Ubuntu “online accounts”. So I’d point to Ubuntu to be the culprit ; @deljones are you in the same use case ?

@jeremy1 no. It’s just smartphones and laptops direct to the server. It’s a bit of a mess this. After play around I managed to get the contacts (CardDAV) to work but only on some devices, but no matter how many times I try on any device, I can’t get CalDAV to authenticate. Grrrrr!

Dj

Ok ok ok……

Working, everything is working.

I was not able to get Cal/CardDAV to authenticate because the server that has the calendars and contacts had 2FA enabled.

You have to disable 2FA first in Nextcloud settings.

Then set up the device and it will connect first time… Should have known that CalCard/DAV does not support 2FA. You can go back into Nextcloud settings and turn it back on.

Thanks to everyone especially @Aleks

Dj

I am still facing the same issue, even if I am on testing version:

$ sudo yunohost --version
yunohost: 
  version: 11.1.2.2
yunohost-admin: 
  version: 11.1.2.1
moulinette: 
  version: 11.1.2
ssowat: 
  version: 11.1.2.4

Nextcloud version 25.0.2~ynh1
Also using Collabora Office version 22.05.8.2~ynh2 (don’t know if this might be related anyway)

There’s been 60 posts in this thread, what do you mean by “the same issue” …

1 Like