[Navidrome] Music Server and Streamer

Navidrome for YunoHost

Integration level

Overview

Navidrome is an open source web-based music collection server and streamer. It gives you freedom to listen to your music collection from any browser or mobile device. It’s like your personal Spotify!

Shipped version: 0.31.0

Screenshots

Demo

5 Likes

I packaged Navidrome. Binaries installs are available for armv5, armv6, armv7, arm64, i386, and x86_64 architectures. I will appreciate if someone with an ARM board can give it a try and report if it works :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you, this app seems very interesting to bring it’s own music everywhere :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t have an ARM board with yuno to help testing. :confused:

Well, I installed Navidrome on my up to date yunohost with CLI.

I have a few users on my Yuno, one is dedicated to admin all the apps (let’s call it “app-admin-user”).

The Navidrome tile poped for all users, and at first launch asked to create an admin for Navidrome.

I was able to create an admin for this app with one of my non-app-admin-user. That’s a problem, because I want to keep control of my server :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it possible to modify the installer in order to create the Navidrome admin at this moment ? IIRC, some apps do that (Nextcloud ?)

Not sure if I have to create an user ex nihilo or if I can use my existing “app-admin-user”.
I don’t either know what implies to declare the site as a public site during the installation.

Thank you in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Navidrome has not yet implemented LDAP authentication. This means that you have to register within the app. (The login / password can be the same as your YunoHost credentials). Once LDAP is implemented (if added upstream), you will be able to login to Navidrome using the YunoHost registered users credentials (Like with The Lounge app).

1 Like

Bonsoir,

Mon serveur : RPI 3 + YUNOHOST 4.0.4

Installation sans problème
Application fonctionnelle

Intéressant de préciser que le fichier de configuration est le suivant : /var/lib/navidrome/ navidrome.toml

Intéressant de préciser que le fichier de configuration est le suivant : /var/lib/navidrome/ navidrome.toml

Merci pour ce retour, l’information figure déjà dans le README dans la partie configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

New stable release available :tada:

1 Like

Hello, i installed Navidrome but it keeps asking me to create an admin account each time i try to log in (like when i logged in for the first time), and then gives me a generic “error” message upon registration… I found nothing in the git’s issues or on the forum about a similar issue.

Salut, j’ai installé Navidrome mais à chaque reconnexion il me demande de créer un compte admin comme après l’installation, puis me sort une erreur sans détail quand j’essaie d’enregistrer ce nouveau compte admin inutile… Je n’ai trouvé aucune info ou problème similaire, quelqu’un a une idée ?

EDIT :

New stable release available :tada:

@Aristid Is the version 0.38.0 solving your issue?

Yes it does ! Works like a charm now, thanks.

Well, almost :smiley:

There is still a problem that i can’t solve yet, when adding music to my music folder (via nextcloud : /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music/ is mounted as an external storage there and holds all of my music) it is not added to the navidrome library. I saw on github some issues about library scanning but i was wondering if there is more to it ?

Thanks

Hello @Aristid
I tried to upload mp3 files thought Shared multimedia/Music in Nextcloud successfully:

• In Nextcloud, upload some mp3 files to Shared Multimedia/Music folder
  • In Navidrome config file /var/lib/navidrome/navidrome.toml Set MusicFolder = "/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music"
  • Restart the service -> webadmin -> services -> Navidrome restart
  • Login to Navidrome

You should have access to your tracks now.
Let me know this helps.

I had already done that but i did it again and it did not change…
While restarting the navidrome service i noticed in the logs the following error which occurs every 90s aka with every automatic rescan, perhaps it is linked :
janv. 07 09:47:13 navidrome[460]: time="2021-01-07T09:47:13+01:00" level=warning msg="Pre-cache warmer is not available as ImageCache is DISABLED"

But i have no clue what it means and how to change it…

Can you try to set ImageCacheSize=100MB in /var/lib/navidrome/navidrome.toml config file.
Also set in config file LogLevel = "debug" for more detailed logs.
What architecture are you using?

Here is my toml file :

LogLevel = "info"

# IP address the server will bind to
Address = "127.0.0.1"

# HTTP port Navidrome will use
Port = "4533"

# Base URL (only the path part) to configure Navidrome behind a proxy (ex: /music)
BaseURL = "/navidrome"

# How frequently to scan for changes in your music library. Set it to 0 to disable scans
ScanInterval = "90s"

# Size of transcoding cache. Set to 0 to disable cache
TranscodingCacheSize = "150MiB"

# Folder to store application data (DB, cache…)
DataFolder = "/var/lib/navidrome"

# Folder where your music library is stored. Can be read-only
MusicFolder = "/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music"

# How long Navidrome will wait before closing web ui idle sessions
SessionTimeout = "24h"

# Set JPEG quality percentage for resized cover art images
CoverJpegQuality = "75"

#Configure the order to look for cover art images. Use special embedded value to get embedded images from the audio files
CoverArtPriority = "embedded, cover.*, folder.*, front.*"

# Match query strings anywhere in searchable fields, not only in word boundaries. Useful for languages where words are not space separated
SearchFullString = "false"

# List of ignored articles when sorting/indexing artists
IgnoredArticles = "The El La Los Las Le Les Os As O A"

# Enable/disable .m3u playlist auto-import
AutoImportPlaylists = "true"

# The default metadata extractor is still ffmpeg but you can use the new taglib extractor
Scanner.Extractor = "taglib"

I changed the log level but for imagecachesize should i just add the line ?

Also, this is the app thread, perhaps i should create a new navidrome support thread to not clog this one with my stuff and for an easier lookup if anyone has the same issue…

Yes you have to add it. ImageCacheSize seems to be an issue upstream… I hope it will be resolved in future release.