Mysql failed occasionally / log empty

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Rasberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.6.5.3 (stable), all updates done
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain: -

Description of my issue

Hi

Since a few weeks I got a problem with my nextcloud on YunoHost. I set up calendar sync with Davx5 on Android and my notes with Joplin (Android and Windows). Both Apps are using the webdav feature from nextcloud. After some days (ours?) this no longer works. Both apps show me an error 500. When this happens and I look in the YunoHost backend, I can see that mysql has the status “failed”. If I start it by hand, everything works immediately (until it failes again $random ours later). I want to research the cause, but unfortunately /var/log/mysql.log and /var/log/mysql.err are empty according to YunoHost backend.
Where can I get some information why mysql crashes?

Could be a ram issue.

You should check it:

free -m

And you could setup a swap file. Take care to configure correctly swapiness to avoid to damage your sd card too quickly.

Okyay. So this is my output of free -m:

admin@xyz:~ $ free -m
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            926         309          89          36         527         521
Swap:            99          88          11

My raspi 3 boots from an SSD via USB. What swappiness value would you recommend? At the moment it is 60.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.