My noho.st domains broken after system update

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Other ARM board
YunoHost version: 11.0.11
I have access to my server : through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

after doing a full system update, i rebooted overnight and now all my domains don’t work. i can only ssh locally, with admin@yunohost.local, but not externally.

diagnosis shows everything is fine, services are all running ok, but all my ynh domains time out in the browser or via ssh.

i called sudo yunohost dyndns update --force but it didn’t help.

a log of the system-update is here:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/wiwemacuxi

it shows an error during IP section of the diagnosis.

i can’t use access any of my server’s sites with issue. any help would be appreciated!

Then can we know more about that mysterious error

backtrace is in the logs in the yunohost paste link? if i’m doing it right…

Ah yes, socket.gaierror: [Errno -5] No address associated with hostname

But it would be helpful to share the full diagnosis in the webadmin > Diagnosis > Share with YunoPaste

i have some other, non-ynh domains on the same server, and 2/3 of them are working ok, while i’m still having issues with one of them, plus all noho.st ones.

ah it has started to work now.

but it’d still be good to learn about what caused this, as it makes any updates/reboots stressful. i need my sites working.

diagnosis logs:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/okipaselat

doesn’t seem like much there tho…

one subdomain is still timing out

and it’s up again now.

well, that was stressful!

is there anything useful that that error should point me to in future?

the IP error is still there in the diagnosis, but copying the logs doesn’t capture the backtrace.

which is as follows:

Diagnosis failed for category 'ip':
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 169, in _new_conn
conn = connection.create_connection(
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 96, in create_connection
raise err
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 86, in create_connection
sock.connect(sa)
socket.timeout: timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 699, in urlopen
httplib_response = self._make_request(
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 382, in _make_request
self._validate_conn(conn)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 1012, in _validate_conn
conn.connect()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 353, in connect
conn = self._new_conn()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 174, in _new_conn
raise ConnectTimeoutError(
urllib3.exceptions.ConnectTimeoutError: (, 'Connection to ip6.yunohost.org timed out. (connect timeout=30)')

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 439, in send
resp = conn.urlopen(
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 755, in urlopen
retries = retries.increment(
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 574, in increment
raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ip6.yunohost.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(, 'Connection to ip6.yunohost.org timed out. (connect timeout=30)'))

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/utils/network.py", line 24, in download_text
r = requests.get(url, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/api.py", line 76, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 542, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 655, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 504, in send
raise ConnectTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ip6.yunohost.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(, 'Connection to ip6.yunohost.org timed out. (connect timeout=30)'))

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/diagnosers/10-ip.py", line 220, in get_public_ip
return download_text(url, timeout=30).strip()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/utils/network.py", line 30, in download_text
raise MoulinetteError("invalid_url", url=url)
moulinette.core.MoulinetteError: Failed to connect to https://ip6.yunohost.org ... maybe the service is down, or you are not properly connected to the Internet in IPv4/IPv6.

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/diagnosis.py", line 196, in diagnosis_run
code, report = diagnoser.diagnose(force=force)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/diagnosis.py", line 449, in diagnose
items = list(self.run())
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/diagnosers/10-ip.py", line 88, in run
ipv6 = self.get_public_ip(6) if can_ping_ipv6 else None
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/diagnosers/10-ip.py", line 224, in get_public_ip
self.logger_debug(f"Could not get public IPv{protocol} : {e}")
AttributeError: 'MyDiagnoser' object has no attribute 'logger_debug'

A rough guess is that you have some funky stuff with your IPv6 somehow …

i had issues with ipv6 when i set up my ynh install with a new internet connection and new router. i tried to simply disable ivp6 because i could not find the right settings on my router (a fritz box). (router says ipv6 is working, ynh says it is not.)

can ynh not just try to avoid it altogether? surely it’s not needed/relied upon for ip connections generally. it’s not worth breaking stuff for.

the docs that the diagnosis points to

only discuss OVH, which i don’t use.

if i can’t configure my server can i not just ‘skip’ it for now?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.