Music Library tagging in yunohost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Other ARM board /
YunoHost version: 4.2.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I now use Navidrome as my music server which works very well. Like it… It is quick and does what it says!

Is there an app that I can use on the yunohost platform that will allow me to edit/manage the metadata (and artwork) of my music collection, or can I do it through a platform-specific application on say windows or osx and connect locally to the folder where the music is on my server?

Navidrome doesn’t allow this function which I understand and is fine. Ampache allows writing metadata but for an idiot like me I find Ampache “lumpy”

Many thanks

Dj

1 Like

I’m using nextcloud where I have my music in the multimedia/music folder.
I have over 6000 songs in different albums. Some of them are very old and I didn’t want to rerip them, which are without id3 tags.
I’m using the nextcloud app for Windows to sync my pc with the yunohost server. And use mp3tag and musicbrain picard to edit tags and art cover. I 'm updating tags when I have some free time.
The sync is very fast.
Navidrome recognises the music immediately.

@jarod5001 thanks very much for coming back… yes I did think about nextcloud, which is fine. I have over 20k of tracks mostly Flac, it’s a folder of about 60 or more gig. Plus I don’t want the library to sync on any of my local machines. I’m often away and like to use my phone and a Bluetooth speaker, connect to the server with a Subsonic app and relax…

It’s just I noticed that once I did the transfer from the QNAP to Navidrome some of the metadata was a mess…

Thanks

Dj

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.