More Migration to V11 Problems - APT cache but maybe more?

Okay, had another go at it today, and got the migration to work! Here’s what got it done for me, in case anyone else is having issues:

First things first, that damn sury.org key was the biggest hold up for the process. Over on this thread, @Aleks dropped the knowledge that helped me fix that.

You can solve the sury php issue with:

wget --timeout 900 --quiet "https://packages.sury.org/php/apt.gpg" --output-document=- | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee -a "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/extra_php_version.gpg" >/dev/null

After that, I ran the migration. I prefer to do all of this from the command line because I notice that, sometimes, the web UI can be a bit janky and timeout. The CLI is more stable. As expected, the terminal filled with a bunch of text as all the new packages, apps, and goodies came down and installed. But… I ran into another issue. This time, GRUB decided to play the fool and I’m pretty sure I know why. When I first gave Yunohost a try, I installed it on a VirtualBox VM with a fixed storage space. After I decided that I like Yunohost (a lot) I basically cloned it over to a VM with a dynamic storage space. That was dandy, except by doing so, I brought over the old VirtualBox drive name.

Now, that was never a problem… until I needed to update GRUB. And then GRUB wouldn’t install because the drive it wants to install to is gone.

:panda_face: SadPanda :panda_face:

But after searching the Forum for a bit, I found that @tomas ran into a very similar issue. I followed those instructions, making sure to replace his hard drive with the name of my VM HARDDRIVE.

:mirror_ball: Disco! :mirror_ball:

After that I:

sudo apt update

And the updates to GRUB that were being held back were held back no longer. Ran:

sudo apt upgrade

After the upgrades were completed I retried:

sudo yunohost tools migrations run --accept-disclaimer

That ran through the process of downloading and installing the missing bits that didn’t come down after the first migration attempt. GRUB installation didn’t complain and the migration completed!

Big thanks to @Aleks and @tomas for the assistance!

1 Like