Migration Yunohost 11.0.10.2 buster to bullseye impossible

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello.
I installed yunohost about one year ago. Runs smoothly. but one month ago i started Migration to Bullseye but this struggled in Error (Mysql based i think) and now no Migration is possible.

Logs:

ended_at: 2022-11-09 14:13:17.509800
error: ‘Migration 0021_migrate_to_bullseye gescheitert mit der Ausnahme The current
Debian distribution is not Buster! If you already ran the Buster->Bullseye migration,
then this error is symptomatic of the fact that the migration procedure was not
100% succesful (otherwise YunoHost would have flagged it as completed). It is recommended
to investigate what happened with the support team, who will need the full log
of the `migration, which can be found in Tools > Logs in the webadmin.: Abbruch’
interface: api
operation: tools_migrations_migrate_forward
parent: null
started_at: 2022-11-09 14:13:17.488061
success: false
yunohost_version: 11.0.10.2

============

2022-11-09 15:13:17,493: INFO - Durchführen der Migrationen 0021_migrate_to_bullseye…
2022-11-09 15:13:17,508: ERROR - Migration 0021_migrate_to_bullseye gescheitert mit der Ausnahme The current Debian distribution is not Buster! If you already ran the Buster->Bullseye migration, then this error is symptomatic of the fact that the migration procedure was not 100% succesful (otherwise YunoHost would have flagged it as completed). It is recommended to investigate what happened with the support team, who will need the full log of the migration, which can be found in Tools > Logs in the webadmin.: Abbruch Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/tools.py", line 814, in tools_migrations_run migration.run() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/migrations/0021_migrate_to_bullseye.py", line 82, in run self.check_assertions() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/migrations/0021_migrate_to_bullseye.py", line 414, in check_assertions raise YunohostError("migration_0021_not_buster2") yunohost.utils.error.YunohostError: The current Debian distribution is not Buster! If you already ran the Buster->Bullseye migration, then this error is symptomatic of the fact that the migration procedure was not 100% succesful (otherwise YunoHost would have flagged it as completed). It is recommended to investigate what happened with the support team, who will need the **full** log of the migration, which can be found in Tools > Logs in the webadmin.

So i am now not taking any further steps since i cant find any Fault. Someone got the same Error and was able to solve this ? Would apreciate any Hints…

Cheers Chris

of course no migration is possible cause you did upgrade to bulleye already the log says that,
“The current Debian distribution is not Buster!”

its not clear from your message what exactly you are struggling with ?
can you please explain what exactly are you trying to do or what is your error? with mysql you think?

Hi izakis

i started Migration once an she was running normaly,but short to the end she struggles and said something with “cant convert Mysql” or “cant replace Mysql”. Sadly i cant find the saved Logs anymore as it was aroung End of July.
Already the Webadmin says “Migration outstanding”… and some installations failed due to wrong or lost dependencies
Seems to me as i have to reinstall a fresh copy of yunohost and further ave all errorlogs externaly… :frowning:

Hello izakis.

jepp, english is not my native language, just trying.

These are the Answers of my yunohost. Still getting Migration outstanding…

So your other Questions:

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/orozogajir

This error i get trying to install LibreERP.
Now checking the Log i see there are unmet depedencies, which will not be installed.
So as i read there also xserver has to be installed, what never was my intention. So i will check LibreERP on a dedicated PC at home to test if this brings me more Problems as expected.

Even if i re-upgrade then Message of my opening Post will arise. So by now the server runs smoothly, diags shows no Problems… i will try to check and make a backup again…
Ah, and no, i run several Yunohost´s for learning and small Development issues

Cheers to you

Chris

new information:

every try to upgrade the 1 upgradeable App (which i cant get named)

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt list --upgradeable
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade

leads to nothing updated…
sudo apt-show-versions | grep "No available version in archive
gives a long list of Packages localy installed and not in the repository.

admin@ :~$ apt-show-versions | grep “No available version in archive”
Unable to read /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02periodic - open (13: Permission denied)
apache2-bin:amd64 2.4.38-3+deb10u7 installed: No available version in archive
gcc-8-base:amd64 8.3.0-6 installed: No available version in archive
grocy-ynh-deps:all 3.3.1~ynh2 installed: No available version in archive
humhub-ynh-deps:all 1.12.1~ynh1 installed: No available version in archive
lemmy-ynh-deps:all 0.16.7~ynh1 installed: No available version in archive
libapt-inst2.0:amd64 1.8.2.3 installed: No available version in archive
libapt-pkg5.0:amd64 1.8.2.3 installed: No available version in archive
libarmadillo9:amd64 1:9.200.7+dfsg-1 installed: No available version in archive
libcroco3:amd64 0.6.12-3 installed: No available version in archive
libdap25:amd64 3.20.3-1 installed: No available version in archive
libdns-export1104:amd64 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7 installed: No available version in archive
libdns1104:amd64 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7 installed: No available version in archive
libevent-2.1-6:amd64 2.1.8-stable-4 installed: No available version in archive
libffi6:amd64 3.2.1-9 installed: No available version in archive
libgcc1:amd64 1:8.3.0-6 installed: No available version in archive
libgdal20:amd64 2.4.0+dfsg-1+b1 installed: No available version in archive
libgeotiff2:amd64 1.4.3-1 installed: No available version in archive
libhogweed4:amd64 3.4.1-1+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
libicu63:amd64 63.1-6+deb10u3 installed: No available version in archive
libip4tc0:amd64 1.8.2-4 installed: No available version in archive
libip6tc0:amd64 1.8.2-4 installed: No available version in archive
libisc-export1100:amd64 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7 installed: No available version in archive
libisc1100:amd64 1:9.11.5.P4+dfsg-5.1+deb10u7 installed: No available version in archive
libjson-c3:amd64 0.12.1+ds-2+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
libllvm7:amd64 1:7.0.1-8+deb10u2 installed: No available version in archive
liblwgeom-2.5-0:amd64 2.5.1+dfsg-1 installed: No available version in archive
libmpdec2:amd64 2.4.2-2 installed: No available version in archive
libnetcdf13:amd64 1:4.6.2-1 installed: No available version in archive
libnettle6:amd64 3.4.1-1+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
libogdi3.2:amd64 3.2.1+ds-4 installed: No available version in archive
libperl5.28:amd64 5.28.1-6+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
libpoppler82:amd64 0.71.0-5+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
libprocps7:amd64 2:3.3.15-2 installed: No available version in archive
libproj13:amd64 5.2.0-1 installed: No available version in archive
libpython3.7-minimal:amd64 3.7.3-2+deb10u3 installed: No available version in archive
libpython3.7-stdlib:amd64 3.7.3-2+deb10u3 installed: No available version in archive
libqhull7:amd64 2015.2-4 installed: No available version in archive
libreadline7:amd64 7.0-5 installed: No available version in archive
libsnmp30:amd64 5.7.3+dfsg-5+deb10u3 installed: No available version in archive
lstu-ynh-deps:all 0.26.0~ynh2 installed: No available version in archive
mobilizon-ynh-deps:all 2.1.0.1~ynh4 installed: No available version in archive
multiarch-support:amd64 2.28-10+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
netdata-ynh-deps:all 1.36.1~ynh1 installed: No available version in archive
opensondage-ynh-deps:all 1.1.17~ynh2 installed: No available version in archive
owncast-ynh-deps:all 0.0.12~ynh1 installed: No available version in archive
perl-modules-5.28:all 5.28.1-6+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
postgresql-11:amd64 11.17-0+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
postgresql-11-postgis-2.5:amd64 2.5.1+dfsg-1 installed: No available version in archive
postgresql-11-postgis-2.5-scripts:all 2.5.1+dfsg-1 installed: No available version in archive
postgresql-client-11:amd64 11.17-0+deb10u1 installed: No available version in archive
python3.7-minimal:amd64 3.7.3-2+deb10u3 installed: No available version in archive
sogo-ynh-deps:all 5.0.1~ynh1 installed: No available version in archive
ttf-dejavu:all 2.37-1 installed: No available version in archive
ttf-dejavu-core:all 2.37-1 installed: No available version in archive
ttf-dejavu-extra:all 2.37-1 installed: No available version in archive
unattended-upgrades-ynh-deps:all 1.0~ynh6 installed: No available version in archive
sudo apt-autoremove

One of them is PostgreSQL-11, while Installation Log shows PostgrSQL-13 is installed… possible Problem?

thats all the defected dependencies according to your log, run all commands and tell me what you see

make sure you are a root, according to your last post its look like youre just the admin user,
type:
sudo su

Thanks i will try. but now i´m on my way to meeting and will see if i try it on afternoon.

What deh fuk ?

do you have a better suggestion?
apt cant deal with them and all dpkg commands doesn’t sees to work,

its not clear if he tried to do it as root,

these dependencies can be reinstalled by commands later,
what do you suggest?

This just sounds like the classic “People ran the migration which failed and then ran a system upgrade instead of fixing and rerunning the migration”.

Hence the system is now on Bullseye but the migration was never completed, and there’s more to it than just upgrading everything to Bullseye

I wrote a small script to fix that situation

sudo su # To be become root if not root already
cd /root/
wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/alexAubin/2eb588521117537c692f38a020f9b2d1/raw/ebe4f098a111caad0185e449888074571f25453e/finish_the_bullseye_migration.sh
bash finish_the_bullseye_migration.sh
2 Likes

@izakis, great help, thanks a lot.
@Aleks Thanks for the Help and the Script.
You are right, i´m not so long working with Linux and ran migration which failed and two weeks later updates… :skull_and_crossbones: :see_no_evil:
I run your script as root and it runs only with remarks
Installs firefox ok
Marker for php7.4* is not installed, so no Marker ist set
E: could not find Packet php-php-gettext
E: no packet found

But the Migration Message still remains.

Can you please share the full log

of the script?

i tried but new user could not upload attachments…

Use some sites made for this, like https://paste.yunohost.org
This way, no upload, just a link :slightly_smiling_face:

and here it is…
https://paste.yunohost.org/pizumezuli.erl

It looks like you ran those commands on your own machine and not your server :neutral_face:

Hi. surely it was on my VPS, not my PC. I ssh´d with him… and shorten CLI Information for upload to pastebin only root@xxxxxxxxxxx to root@ :

The logs you posted are showing that this is an Ubuntu machine with Firefox installed … So I doubt that this was on your server x_x

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] 
Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64 firefox amd64 106.0.5+build1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 [59.5 MB]
[...]

Edit:

and also sudo: yunohost: Befehl nicht gefunden which indicates yunohost is not installed (on that machine) i suppose

But i´m sure to have setup a VPS with ISO from Yunohost. As i said 2 Days ago the script from you installed firefox… dont know why…