Matrix synapse admin GUI or admin API

Since no solution or tutorial or documentation quote is given in that topic that’s what i meant by

I can’t seem to find any clear info on the topic

And as it is closed it is impossible to get the conversation going there, so i made my own topic. @TheNomad11 i wish there was an explanation included in the documentation too…

Ok, I did not understand that, sorry.

That’s right, I didn’t notice that, good point. It’s a pity that we have to split in multiple topics one conversation :sweat_smile:

Anyway, you got any tip regarding the admin GUI ?

Reopening and merging two related topics on Synapse’s admin panel… and moving to the Contribute Room as a call for contributors to find a solution installable with YunoHost. <3

@tituspijean and I found this admin GUI but i am not capable enough to get it working on YNH, if anyone is willing to implement this (or any other solution) it would be great !

I forgot that I packaged this app some time ago… It is not working yet. maybe something trivial that I must have forgotten.

2 Likes

Since it was re-opened, I can add an answer to my own question. To set a user as admin you have to first

cd /home/yunohost.app

and then

su --command="psql matrix_synapse" postgres <<< "UPDATE users SET admin = 1 WHERE name = '@username:matrix.domain.com'"

3 Likes

I have transferred the package to YunoHost_app repo… If you feel up to debugging this app, It will be great to make it work.

1 Like

systemd.service maybe the place to start for debugging the app…
The app listen to port 3000 by default. This port is already taken by another pocess on my server. (I don’t know witch on). So instead of starting the app with yarn start, I set it to yarn build -p __PORT__… The doc is really thin on systemd config so I don’t know if this is what is expected

Hi

Both the GUI or the API needs to have access to the endpoints: www.domain.ldt/_synapse/admin and this acces points are blocked by nginx

1 Like

Hey all,

Any progress on this?

Is there a way to remove the block from Nginx?
I looked at /ets/nginx/conf.d/matrix.mydomain.com.conf, …/matrix.mydomain.com.d/synapse.conf and …/synapse_server_name.conf but I can not find any entry regarding “_synapse/admin”

I know they do it for security reasons, but I want it removed. I use Nginx Proxy Manager (on a different host) that handles all my network requests, and I block it there for all external requests.

If using https://www.domain.ldt:8448/_synapse/admin instead, admin endpoint can be accessed without touching synapse nginx settings. This tutorial can be useful, but a translator may be required to read it if not speak Spanish

1 Like

this is very simple, you can run it as an application http://localhost:8080 and make a proxy with nginx , or you can also build and generate a static site, just like you can host with nginx.

It is only to access with an administrative user, and point to the address of your matrix-synapse. You can manage users, groups, 3PID …etc

Does someone know what domain we are supposed to use when we install the app ?

If we have synapse installed at matrix.mydomain.tld/, should we install synapse admin here too ?

Nope, I have matrix.msyite.fr and synapse-admin.mysite.fr