Login to Koel App after new installation fails with "Failed to load Home Screen Data, pls try again"

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
YunoHost version: 11.2.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH & through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Koel 6.11.2-ynh1

Description of my issue

Hello together,

good evening, my name is Daniel and i am a new user of Yunohost.

Just did install the Koel app and installation seemed to work fine, but when using the provided default user & password for the first login at Koel, i receive an error message “Failed to load Home Screen Data, pls try again”, always leading back to the same Koel Login screen.

I tried as well my yunohost credentials and did reboot the server; without success.
Below i’ll share the log from the installation process…

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

thanks, D

See below the log from Koel Installation

args:
  app: koel
  force: false
  label: undefined
  no_remove_on_failure: false
ended_at: 2023-12-07 16:24:03.315270
env:
  YNH_APP_ACTION: install
  YNH_APP_ARG_DOMAIN: koel.maindomain.tld
  YNH_APP_ARG_INIT_MAIN_PERMISSION: all_users
  YNH_APP_BASEDIR: /var/cache/yunohost/app_tmp_work_dirs/app_pjzwr8yq
  YNH_APP_ID: koel
  YNH_APP_INSTANCE_NAME: koel
  YNH_APP_INSTANCE_NUMBER: '1'
  YNH_APP_MANIFEST_VERSION: 6.11.2~ynh1
  YNH_APP_PACKAGING_FORMAT: '2.0'
  YNH_ARCH: arm64
  YNH_DEBIAN_VERSION: bullseye
error: null
interface: api
operation: app_install
parent: null
related_to:
- - app
  - koel
started_at: 2023-12-07 16:21:00.593137
success: true
yunohost_version: 11.2.8

============
1 Like

… exactly the same happened here with my installation two days ago. On my server the error will be shown just for a blink of the eye before returning back to the login.

I have the same problem.
YunoHost 11.2.8.2 on amd64, Koel 6.11.2~ynh1

Hello! I have the same problem. I just reinstalled Koel, and i still have this problem in pc browser (Mozilla), but i don’t have this problem in my phone browser (Fennec, on /e/).

I just released that there is a new version of Koel : 6.12.0 Release v6.12.0 · koel/koel · GitHub
and the version in yunohost apps is v6.11.2
Any one know how we can update it please ? :blush: Or just, fix the problem!

That’s strange. I’ve installed it just now on my server and could login using the proposed login and password. I immediately changed them. I used Opera and Chrome mobile.
I also changed the media path to /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music where all my music is.

But

May mean something else. Does your browser allow cookies? Try using a private tab or another browser. Check the console of your browser for more useful error messages

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.