Log error installing own app

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Gigabyte P55-UD3 with Intel i5 770 4Gb ram, 500Gb sata drive
YunoHost version:11.0.11 running on Debian 11 in a lxc container with Debian 11 uptodate in Proxmox v7.3.4 with 4 cpu cores.

I have access to my server :Through SSH and through the webadmin

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ?** : no

If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version:

I want to install on my yunohost server SuiteCRM v8.2.2 with the install option under apps.
I pointed the url to my Gitlab v15.7 that was installed with yunohost to get the edited version of SuiteCRM v8.2.2 where I added the manifest.json.
When trying to install it I get this message on screen: The form contains some errors.

Does Yunohost log this message? Can I see what those errors are?
I went trough the logs in /var/log/ but did not find anything referring to the error.

Besides that error I get also te following error: YunoHost app repository URLs are expected to look like https://domain.tld/path/to/repo_ynh

My question is the same, does Yunohost log this message? Can I see what those errors are?

Hello, and welcome!

To directly answer your questions (but beware of the XY problem: no, if the error says “the form contains some errors” (and I doubt it actually says that, please be precise or show screenshots), it likely means it does not respect the JSON format.

YunoHost errors are logged into /var/log/yunohost. Here it’s likely displayed in the API error log, but I am unsure it will be helpful as described above.

Well, here the error is self-explanatory, but I cannot help you since you partially obfuscate what you did by not sharing your URL.

Now… I have some questions.

Can you explain what you actually did and share the link to the repository you want to use?

TL;DR? Show the code. :stuck_out_tongue:

I looked there too but nothing that reference to the installation failure.

The url and the error message. I am running Yunohost on my LAN, it cannot be reached from the WAN.

I can show you the manifest.json code ;o)

{
“id”: “suitecrm”,
“name”: “SuiteCRM”,
“version”: “8.2.2”,
“description”: “SuiteCRM is a free and open-source customer relationship management system.”,
“licence”: “AGPL3”,
“domain”: “suitecrm.yunohost.server”,
“path”: “/”,
“is_public”: true,
“depends”: [
“php”,
“php-intl”,
“php-curl”,
“php-gd”,
“php-imap”,
“php-mcrypt”,
“php-mysql”,
“php-xmlrpc”,
“php-xsl”,
“mysql”
],
“postinstall”: [
“sudo chown -R $user:$user /var/www/suitecrm”,
“sudo chmod -R 775 /var/www/suitecrm/app/cache”,
“sudo chmod -R 775 /var/www/suitecrm/app/modules”,
“sudo chmod -R 775 /var/www/suitecrm/app/upload”,
“mysql -u root -p -e ‘CREATE DATABASE suitecrm_db;’”,
“mysql -u root -p -e "CREATE USER ‘suitecrm_user’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;"”,
“mysql -u root -p -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON suitecrm_db . * TO ‘suitecrm_user’@‘localhost’;"”,
“mysql -u root -p -e ‘FLUSH PRIVILEGES;’”
],
“settings”: {
“database_name”: {
“value”: “suitecrm_db”,
“description”: “Name of the database”
},
“database_user”: {
“value”: “suitecrm_user”,
“description”: “Username for the database”
},
“database_password”: {
“value”: “password”,
“description”: “Password for the database”
}
}
}

Am I correct then if I say Yunohost does not log the error somewhere why it does not want to install?

Because it’s the address of the repo you have input that is wrong. The red error right below the form explains that. Look at https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/: all repository names end with _ynh. You should not add anything further, especially /blah.git.

I can tell you that is not going to work. :slight_smile:

I see… Thanks, getting 1 step closer :wink:
I gonna read into that part and adjust it.

I can confirm that :relieved:

Hi @Tao-Lee
have you managed the packaging of suiteCRM?
could you share json? I would like to try this app in YNH…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.