[Kimai2] Time-Tracking

heya,

Just installed this (thnx for the work @kanhu!). But I am unable to login to the app. After logging into the Yunohost userinterface, I want to go on to Kimai, but then I am presented again with a login form. This one does not accept my yunohost credentials…

any idea? Or is just SSO not yet working?

nevermind, I just found it is send to the admin email, but I had not set up email forwarding in my yunohost yet.

@kanhu

Can I assist you in some way to update Kimai? Is there a big blocker? Or is it just… time?

I see there is also already discussion here…

I have the same problem, I cannot add customers. Has this issue been solved?

it seems that this app needs to be adopted by someone…
Kimai has had several updates and @kanhu clearly no longer has the time to maintain this app.

Is there a way to mark Yunohost apps as ‘orphans’ and available for adoption?

1 Like

Hey all!

Thanks @kanhu and others for your work on Kimai here :smiley: I am starting my own artistic practice and needed a good time registration tool. And I was so happy to not only find Kimai, but also that is has a good start on Yunohost!

Kimai 2 seems to have progressed to version 1.8 already https://www.kimai.org/blog/, and the current ynh package is 0.8.1. So, I just wanted to bump this thread to show that I’m very much looking forward to it.

Personal situations are certainly understandable. (This is also my first post again after about 9 months :slight_smile: An adopter would be nice though. @Aleks what would you think about adding an ‘orphan’ / ‘adopt me’ indication as @dosch proposes?

Best wishes!

1 Like

Actually I found this topic about the “waiting adoption” tag in the ynh app store. It seems that the tag is a state that can be changed in the repository where the app’s code is. Usually when an app is not updated longer than a year and/or maintainer is going to stop maintaining. Not necessary here at the moment though. “waiting adoption”

1 Like

any news on this? There seems to be a pull request waiting to be accepted…

hey @yalh76, I saw you submitted a pull request for Kimai 1.9 on github!

This seems great news. What is needed for it to be accepted and can I contribute by testing? When do you think it is available to install in YNH?

@yalh76 thank you for updating to 1.9!
Installing right now on a test server

1 Like

How has your experience been on the testserver @dosch ?

it runs so far. But I haven’t had the change to test it as I need to migrate my data from an older kimai installation to the new one first

I am trying to install Kimai on debian 64x yunohost, it kept saying the corrupt source.

HI @designdiagonal! Great that you joined the forum :slight_smile:
I guess it is best if you post an issue in the Support category. That is where people look if they can help people with issues. Try to also include relevant logs if you can :wink:

Hi,

Will there be an update to the latest version of Kimai 2.0.33.

I’m still on version 1.11.1~ynh1 and I didn’t update to the latest YN version 1.30 because the migration (export/import doesn’t work).

So, almost immediately after posting this the latest version was available for update.

Thanks

Is the update working? while merging to master I notice something wrong with upgate script that I am trying to solve on testing.

I was about to say, the update isn’t working. Here are the logs https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/idonizuwun

I was thinking of exporting and importing on a newly installed version but I’m kind of hesitant, there’s too much data.

I’m running two Kimai instances. One is on v1.30 and the other on v1.11. I haven’t tried updating the latter, as I’m afraid of losing the data, although I have exported it.

There was an issue with logging in in a previous version which was solved and I think it’s back. I installed a newly Kimai instance v2.0.33 and can’t login with LDAP, can’t register although it’s enabled at installation.

Here’s the thread of that login issue. Kimai 1.17.1 can't log in after update - #19 by agichim

Hi @ericg, any update on this login issue?

Hi,
a fix for it was merged into testing today. You’re invited to test it and report back :wink: