Issue with Metronome (XMPP) when installing Yunohost on a subdomain?

Hi there,

It looks like installing Yunohost on a subdomain (by default) comes with few troubles… I’ll try to investigate further way, but if anyone had already run into this issue, you’re welcome. :wink:

Firstly, I’ve successfully installed Yunohost (2.4 upgraded to 2.5) on a VPS.
The main domain has been configured with a subdomain (i.e. cloud.mydomain.tld) at installation (see DNS zone below).
Then, Nextcloud has been installed successfully and set as the default app (i.e. https://cloud.mydomain.tld redirects to https://cloud.mydomain.tld/nextcloud).

So far, everything’s worked fine, but…

I’m unable to connect my XMPP client to the server.
Metronome’s logs show:

Feb 17 06:48:00 certmanager	error	SSL/TLS: Failed to load '/etc/yunohost/certs/mydomain.tld/key.pem': Check that the path is correct, and the file exists. (for mydomain.tld)
Feb 17 06:48:00 certmanager	error	SSL/TLS: Failed to load '/etc/yunohost/certs/mydomain.tld/key.pem': Previous error (see logs), or other system error. (for mydomain.tld)

It’s like Metronome was set with the root domain (which isn’t assigned to this server). I tried to symlink mydomain.tld to cloud.mydomain.tld: metronome started without throwing any error, but I’m still unable to establish a connection.

Here is the DNS zone I use:

;; MX Records
cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	MX	10	cloud.mydomain.tld.

;; TXT Records
mail._domainkey.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	TXT	"v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\; p=xxxxxxxxxx"
cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 a mx ip4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ~all"
_dmarc.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	TXT	"v=DMARC1\; p=none"

;; SRV Records (Service locator)
_xmpp-server._tcp.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	SRV	0			5	5269	cloud.mydomain.tld.
_xmpp-client._tcp.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	SRV	0			5	5222	cloud.mydomain.tld.

;; CNAME Records
muc.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	CNAME	cloud.mydomain.tld.
pubsub.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	CNAME	cloud.mydomain.tld.
vjud.cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	CNAME	cloud.mydomain.tld.

;; A Records (IPv4 addresses)
cloud.mydomain.tld.	300	IN	A	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Not sure what did solve the issue, but cleaning up configuration files and rebooting the server worked out.