Is Custom Webapp broken?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.0.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I have installed the Custom Webapp and cannot use the sftp login. There are many issues on Github and also here in the forum. I found an advice to use numbers and letters only in the password, but this did not help. Does this app work for some of you? The error message I get from Filezilla:

|Command:|open "my_webapp__2@myip" 22|
|---|---|
|Command:|Pass: **************|
|Status:|Connected to myip|
|Error:|FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|

Googling around I found there might me an issue with the ssh config in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config?

As a workaround: How can I - as admin - get write permission to the folder? I tried to add the admin user to the my_webapp group but that did not help. Thanks!

Can you check if the diagnosis is complaining that /etc/ssh/sshd_config might have been manually modified ? (in the last section)

1 Like

Yes, it says so, but it was not meā€¦

Configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config appears to have been manually modified.

Shall I do as suggested there and ā€œforce the reset to the recommended configurationā€?

Yup, you can reset the config

Sorry about the message, there are some weird ways conf file may sometimes get ā€˜manually modifiedā€™ by other programs, ugh ā€¦

Hello,

Before resetting the file, he could use the dry-run to display the differences between his file and the one expected by yuno.

Could be useful if something critical modified the file.

1 Like

Yup, thatā€™s whatā€™s also advised by the diagnosis message I believe ā€¦

Ah, too late

Yeah, was too quick, but now I am able to login!

Is there some kind of pernission issues to take care of. After I have uploaded files and folders the owner is 991 991 Is this correct? I ask because of display problems, no layout is being loaded. Just would like to exclude this option - in case it is the app I am installing

it was the app, sorry!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.