Is Custom Webapp broken?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.0.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I have installed the Custom Webapp and cannot use the sftp login. There are many issues on Github and also here in the forum. I found an advice to use numbers and letters only in the password, but this did not help. Does this app work for some of you? The error message I get from Filezilla:

|Command:|open "my_webapp__2@myip" 22|
|---|---|
|Command:|Pass: **************|
|Status:|Connected to myip|
|Error:|FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|

Googling around I found there might me an issue with the ssh config in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config?

As a workaround: How can I - as admin - get write permission to the folder? I tried to add the admin user to the my_webapp group but that did not help. Thanks!

Can you check if the diagnosis is complaining that /etc/ssh/sshd_config might have been manually modified ? (in the last section)

1 Like

Yes, it says so, but it was not me…

Configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config appears to have been manually modified.

Shall I do as suggested there and “force the reset to the recommended configuration”?

Yup, you can reset the config

Sorry about the message, there are some weird ways conf file may sometimes get ‘manually modified’ by other programs, ugh …

Hello,

Before resetting the file, he could use the dry-run to display the differences between his file and the one expected by yuno.

Could be useful if something critical modified the file.

1 Like

Yup, that’s what’s also advised by the diagnosis message I believe …

Ah, too late

Yeah, was too quick, but now I am able to login!

Is there some kind of pernission issues to take care of. After I have uploaded files and folders the owner is 991 991 Is this correct? I ask because of display problems, no layout is being loaded. Just would like to exclude this option - in case it is the app I am installing

it was the app, sorry!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.