Invalid Host Header

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Intel Xeon L5640, 24gb ram, 2x 4tb HDD, 1x 1tb SSD
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH, locally
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain: N/A

Description of my issue

Receive ‘Invalid Host Header’ error when accessing public ip/domain from local network, connecting from outside network the website fails to load. I am able to access the server via ssh and the webadmin via the local ip in browser. This server is located locally and was setup by installing Debian 10 and running the script (install as if it was a vps per the install docs).

Which website? which app ?

I guess you mean you have access to the webadmin through the ip. Which ip a local or a public ?

Screenshot with address bar could be helpfull here to understand a bit more.

ah, my bad should have clarified initially, I will edit the op. I am attempting to connect to the yunohost sso page, no apps are installed on the system. It is a default install pretty much.

When accessing through SSH I am connecting to the local IP, I am able to ping the public address but unable to SSH as it reports a connection refused.

Thinking since I can access the webadmin via local IP and the public IP/domain name aren’t connecting its something about the address resolution? Not sure if ‘host header’ would be related to that though.

Have you tried to run the diagnosis tools Webadmin > Diagnosis ?

It should detect if you have hairpining issues or closed ports issues and give you some advice to fix that.

Solved.

For some reason the Diagnosis orginially was not showing the issues with my system no matter how many times I ran. Rebooted system and yunohost service in the admin panel and was able to find issues with ports after re-running the diagnosis.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.