Internet Cube - Yunohost

Hardware: ASUS TR-AC68U
I have this box running the latest opewrt
Is there a way to install yunohost to turn it into a internet cube

Yes I suppose

I think this hardware may not enough. YunoHost needs 512MB of ram (but you can try to cut some unused services).

And i don’t find the cpu but you need encryption AES optimization in cpu (if the goal is to turn the router into a VPN box).

The unit seems capable
it has in its own vpn capability, I was looking at the hosting features of yunohost + vpn

Setting up a VPN client using Asus RT-AC68U router modem | duvien.com

Looking for existing adaptations to cut time, - I am almost there, bu need more time
This is.a 4 year old unit and still very powerful - Such way it could reduce waste for repurposing devices if a straight path is found - I switched to Asus Merlin code that seems to be a straight than openwrt

OpenWRT can run on extremely limited hardware. Yunohost runs fine on limited hardware, but it is on top of Debian for package management (@Aleks , @ljf , please correct me if I’m wrong, I know that non-apt sources are used as well).

The Asus router has quite a lot of flash (128M) and RAM (256M) for OpenWRT, but I think Debian needs more than 128M of diskspace (I didn’t pay attention, I think it is around a gigabyte).

If you can make deban install to a connected USB-stick/drive, and allocate some swap there as well, the installation should run. Then run the yunohost installer on top of that.

If it is only to run a VPN securely, and you won’t use the other benefits of Yunohost, it might be overkill to install Debian.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.