Installation of pytition

Hello,

I have just installed Pytition 2.7~ynh1on my Yunohost server version 11.1.18 and I have a few questions…

1. The installation script ask for a password for the “admin” account. But when I try to log with admin for name and this password Pytition dos not recognise this account and complain that either the login or the password is wrong. My questions are : Is there really an “admin” account in Petition ? If so, how can I access to this admin account ?

2. I can acces to Pytition with a dédicace URL, I can create a user account, I can set up a petition, I can acces to the specific URL of this petition and I can sign this petition. So far so good !

3. But … by clicking on the URL included in the confirmation email sent by Pytition I dont jump to the Pytition confirmation web page, I jump to the YunoHost portal and this is a dead end as I am not supposed to be a registered user of this Yunohost instance to sign a petition ! What can I do to be able to reach the continuation web page ?

4. The name of the sender of the confirmation email is : “webmaster@localhost”. It looks to me not very trustable by the people who will receive this email. How can I change the sender name for something more trustable ?

Thanks for your help. Regards

Pascal

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Intel server

YunoHost version: 11.1.18

I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | … Les 3!

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no vanilla yunosh install

If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Pytition 2.7~ynh1

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @pascal-levasseur

Sorry I have not seen your post earlier.
Your points 1 and 3 are indeed bugs. Good news: they have been fixed in Pytition v2.8 which is already available via YunoHost :slight_smile:
The email configuration can be set up in Pytition’s config file. It’s not possible via the web UI unfortunately.

Search for a config.py on your server in your pytition install and modify it according to Django 4.2 documentation: Settings | Django documentation | Django
You can set those:

• DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL (it’s the one you are actually searching for)
  • EMAIL_HOST
  • EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD
  • EMAIL_HOST_USER
  • EMAIL_PORT
  • EMAIL_USE_TLS
  • EMAIL_USE_SSL
    etc…