Installation of Owncloud fails, Jessei Raspberry pi

Hi all,

I’ve been using Yunohost with Owncloud for quite some time now and it was all fine and well until yesterday.
I couldn’t get anywhere with fixing it so i tried uninstalling and reinstalling Owncloud (I have too many instances communicating with Owncloud to want to migrate to nextcloud for now).

I am unfortunately having major problems installing from the GUI.

1. All seems to go well then I get an error saying API error.
    Ehen I log in again I get:
    cannot get app setting ‘update_time’ for 'owncloud

2. If I look at the Nginx error log for my site I see the following:
    2017/11/12 15:24:22 [error] 1212#0: *122 “/usr/share/nginx/html/data/owncloud/index.html” is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: 77.23.145.171, server: myhost, request: “GET /data/owncloud/ HTTP/1.1”, host: “myhost”, referrer: "Myhost/yunohost/sso/"
    2017/11/12 15:33:58 [error] 1213#0: *123 “/usr/share/nginx/html/data/owncloud/index.html” is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: 77.23.145.171, server: myhost, request: “GET /data/owncloud/ HTTP/1.1”, host: “Myhost”, referrer: "myhost/yunohost/admin/"
    2017/11/12 15:36:00 [error] 3663#0: *142 upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream, client: 77.23.145.171, server: Myhost, request: “POST /yunohost/api/apps HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://127.0.0.1:6787/apps”, host: “myhost”, referrer: "myhost/yunohost/admin/"
    2017/11/12 15:36:00 [error] 3663#0: *164 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 77.23.145.171, server: Myhost, request: “GET /yunohost/api/messages HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://127.0.0.1:6787/messages”, host: “myhost”

Myhost is here instead of the real address.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Hey,

well it sounds like owncloud is in a broken state :confused:. This is a bit tricky to handle and the following instructions might be confusing, but bear with me ;).

Basically, we want to trigger the remove script to clean up the system, but yunohost will refuse to ‘remove’ the app if it finds that its not installed.

So first, let’s try the following (from the command line) :

yunohost app remove owncloud --debug

This will probably fail because Owncloud doesn’t look like it’s really installed. (Or maybe if you’re lucky it will ;))

Anyway, if that didnt work, we can use the fact that, when installing an app, if the install fails, it automatically trigger the removal script to clean the system. So let’s make sure to remove owncloud from the point of view of yunohost :

rm -r /etc/yunohost/apps/owncloud

then try to reinstall Owncloud from the CLI :

yunohost app install owncloud --debug

If that does work (it probably wont), then cool !

If it doesnt, then Yunohost should automatically trigger the removal of owncloud and you should be back with a clean system !

Let me know if that works !

Regarding Owncloud itself, well, the yunohost app is not really maintained anymore so I’m not really surprised it doesn’t work :confused: I don’t really have a lot of solutions to propose between migrating to nextcloud, or installing owncloud by hand (which is probably tricky)…

Thanks for the great reply. I’ll try this at the weekend and let you know.
Best regards
Phil

Hi,

thanks for that; my Owncloud is back up and running using the community repository.

Best regards

Phil