Install Mastodon on Buster

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online (OVH)
YunoHost version: 4.0.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

After upgrading to Buster / Yunohost 4.x - My previous Mastodon installation was returning 502 Bad Gateway errors. It was just a test instance so I deleted it.

Now, Trying to Install a Mastodon Instance fails:

Unable to install dependencies

See the full logs:
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/movupenugi

What the fuck, why are there that many conflicts …

Are you sure that the upgrade to Buster / Yunohost 4.0 finished properly and there aren’t any unfinished business ? Doesn’t ‘apt dist-upgrade’ return something ?

Returns nothing: 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Yes, the Buster upgrade seemed fine, but I had the problem where Yunohost was still stuck on 3.8.8.5, I followed these instructions: Yunohost service do not update to v4 with Buster - #4 by tonton

And had to manually restart yunohost-api… so yes it’s possible the installation didn’t finish

Are there any other ways to verify that Buster / Yunohost 4 are finished upgrading?

Meh from what you report I guess the Buster upgrade is fine ? Additionally you may check the migration view (in the webadmin : Tools > Migrations) to check if anything is pending but naively that’s okay

Re-reading the initial log, I guess what’s surprising besides the quantity of conflicts it found is that it talks about a shitload of stuff related to graphic drivers or desktop applications (e.g Firefox, conky, qt, nvidia stuff …). Does that mean anything to you ? Did you install a desktop environment on your server ? x_X

1 Like

That is wild! I had a standard Stretch Install from OVH, onto which I immediately installed yunohost.

Is it possible that the files are related to the latest version of mastodon which added some visualization rendering for audio files?

I’ll try installing some other software… and see what pops into the logs

Hmmmyeah it could be related … but what’s pretty puzzling is that it ends up wanting to install firefox somehow …?

But even then that doesn’t really explain the shitload of conflicts (which for instance includes stuff about the linux kernel)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.