Importing an existing music library into FunkWhale

I’ve been trying out Funkwhale recently and I’d like to import my existing Airsonic library (on the same server) into it for further testing.

The Funkwhale documentation explains how to do this, but the methods don’t work with Yunohost as far as I can tell.
The Funkwhale for Yunohost readme mentions it too, but I’m not familiar enough with Yunohost to understand what it’s trying to say.
There’s also this issue, but I think it should be able to get around it somehow.

Does anyone know a straightforward way to import a bunch of existing music files from an existing (Airsonic) library into Funkwhale on Yunohost? For reference, the music files are currently located in /home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music. If possible, I would like to keep the existing library untouched so that Airsonic will continue to work.

It’s been a long since I tested the app, but I guess you need to activate the python virtual environment of the app. Change LIBRARY_ID, and final_path if needed, and check that these commands fit what you need vs what’s written in the documentation:

LIBRARY_ID=the library ID found in the web pages... somewhere?
final_path=/var/www/funkwhale
cd ${final_path}
source "code/virtualenv/bin/activate"
python api/manage.py import_files $LIBRARY_ID "/home/yunohost.multimedia/share/Music/**/*.ogg" --recursive --noinput --in-place

change .ogg with the extension of your music tracks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.