How to install php8.0-fpm

@ericg there was defiantly a very well working git update option for YH Hubzilla.
Please contact @kanhu , the maintainer of the HZ repo for years

@ericg

I have made the current Yunohost Hubzilla package use git. What this means that the new installation would use the default git repo to update rather then waiting for the package to be updated. So every time new updates comes one can force update the yunohost Hubzilla package to get to the latest update or wait for the Yunohost package to be updated. The former gives advantage to upgrade as soon as new upgrade comes and makes a backup of your Hubzilla, in case something breaks one can always restore.
I did implemented this recently. So the new installations would be able to take advantage of it. But the older user would not take advantage of this because earlier git was not used so it would require to update from the source. So for example you are old user of Hubzilla. It would require you do manually or wait for Yunohost Hubzilla package to be upgraded.

But if you want to adventurous you can try, to backup your folders and database manually then install Hubzilla Yunohost and restore the folders and database. And if everything works you will be able to take advantage of the git feature.

even so I donĀ“t know what IĀ“m really doing i did some more PRs

• You can of course make multiple changes in a single PR (no need to push 9 PR)
  • You have to push your PR to the testing branch not master
  • You can forget updating Hubzilla using git. As I said we favore using taged version for security reasons.
1 Like

so every time a new HZ version is released i just have to editd this 4 files
manifest.json
app.src
app_addons.src
README

and the repro will be updated in YH? ThatĀ“s it?

You donā€™t edit the README manually, a bot autogenerates it.

2 Likes

Ok - thatĀ“s easy - Thanks for teaching meā€¦ well if something link a PHP upgrade is needed some more files have to be edited :wink:

Donā€™t worry, with PHP8 we are good for at least 10 years.

if i now would test the new 7.6.1 branche the php changes are not includes jet - right?

@ericg Just tried the new released update to HZ 7.6.1 .

On channels with lots of content the content is not loading - the loading sign is spinning for ever.
and i canĀ“t enter the /admin section - just gives me a white page ā€¦

i donĀ“t see anything in the logsā€¦

Maybe it is a missing php setting in /etc/php/8.0/fpm/pool.d/hubzilla.conf ??

I increased pm.max_children php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 256M but this hand no helping effect.

What would i try next? Thanks for help

so let me more concrete:
by
/network = content is not loading - the loading sign is spinning for ever.

/channel/name
and
/admin = just gives me a white page ā€¦

Test channels with few post are loading fine soā€¦

@ericg

I just tried to upgrade my second YH server with HZ 7.6.1 - aging it did not work out fine.

ItĀ“s the same as I wrote in my post beforeā€¦ Channels with lots of posts donĀ“t load content.

Since this happened now on two different servers i strongly assume that it has something to so with the change YH handles the php and nginx update - just a guess

or maybe is there a cash which has to be dumped ? No idea - but i get frustrated now

Please answer, and give me a hint what i could try next. THANK you very much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.