How to install jupyterlab extension

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Dear Yunohoster,
First thanks for setting up jupyterlab which I use on a very regular basis with great success.

BUT, I would like to install jupyterlab debugger extension but it doesn’t work from the extension manager.
I guess I must work with the terminal but I’m not sure how to proceed as the help section on github doesn’t really correspond to how jupyterlab is installed in yunohost (at least that’s what i believe).

Could you help me or point toward a help on that question, thanks.

Best,

Hmm, I will get back to you with how I did this but as far as I remember by installation had some permission issues.

You can try SSHing to the server and there should be a virtual environment setup in the folder where JupyterLab was installed (/opt/jupyterlab). I vaguely remember activating the virtual environment and trying to install plugins from there or fixing the permission issues.

I will get back to you within a couple of days with exactly what I did, but if you want to you can go ahead and try it yourself.

Yes, you were write it is the way to proceed, thanks.
I ssh to the /opt/jupyterlab then find a .venv folder and use it to activate the environment and install things for jupyterlab overall, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.