How to do snapshots of Apps

Hi, I’m new with Yunohost and successfully installed Nextcloud & ONLYOFFICE with great help here. THX

now i want to install the A.I Context Chat
As I tried without success in another cloud which is now totally misconfigured and nobody in Nextcloud Forum does understand How-To

So I want to start from scratch with the Nextcloud on my Yunohost.
Before I start I want to do a snapshot only for this Nextcloud App, not from the whole Yunohost VM as this is used meanwhile with some changes, maybe.

So my question is :
How to do a snapshot only from Nextcloud App running on my Yonohost.

Many THX helping me understand the concept. :slight_smile:

Hi Witzker,

Hi, welcome. Great to have you around :slight_smile:

Please read the helpful hints and supply the info that is requested when you open a ticket. It not only helps readers to help you now, it also helps future visitors to see if the thread is applicable to their situation. Could you look up and add:

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: x.x.x
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no / yes
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: app v1.0~ynh1

Back to your question:

Yunohost does not (yet?) have a snapshot feature; I think such a feature has to be provided by the underlying filesystem (and probably not app-based, but partition based; off-topic :wink: )

There are backups though, available in the webadmin. Uncheck all ticks, and only check Nextcloud to backup just Nextcloud.

Pay attention that this way, as default for data-intensive apss, for Nextcloud there will not be a backup of the datadirectory, only the app. I thought there was a switch to include data as well, but I can’t find it.

1 Like

THX have to look for this. :roll_eyes:

You can do it with CLI:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.