How to copy files from Yunohost? | Comment copier les fichiers de Yunohost?

English version:

I have an old Yunohost install in a VM that I need to copy a bunch of files from. I can log into it with root, but I’m not sure what’s the easiest way to get the files out. I don’t have access to the web admin or the actual web apps.

It sounds like using scp might be one way, but when I use my root credentials the connection is refused.

Any ideas how I might get my files out?

Version française :

J’ai une vieille installation de Yunohost dans une VM dont j’ai besoin de copier un tas de fichiers. Je peux m’y connecter avec root, mais je ne suis pas sûr de la manière la plus simple de sortir les fichiers. Je n’ai pas accès à l’administrateur Web ni aux applications Web proprement dites.

Il semble que l’utilisation de scp pourrait être une solution, mais lorsque j’utilise mes informations d’identification root, la connexion est refusée.

Avez-vous une idée de la façon dont je pourrais faire sortir mes fichiers ?

Salut,

Il va nous falloir un peu plus d’infos :

• Version de Yunohost ?
  • Type d’accès possible ?
  • Cible de la copie ?
  • Type d’accès à la cible ?

As this topic is not in the support part, tge template is not present at the topic creation.
To have access to the web admin, you can try this : Get access back into YunoHost | Yunohost Documentation

You can also check the help of the yunohost command as root yunohost -h if I remember correctly, and then make backups of everything, then get the backups and re-install them on another server.
But this can cause problems if your “old” server is too old (a backup should be installed on a server with the same version of the old)

Merci pour votre réponse, @Kit / thanks for your reply @Mamie !

Yunohost version: 4.3.5
Yunohost admin/moulinette/ssowat version: 4.3.3

En:
As to getting back into Yunohost, I kind of already know the problem and the fix, but I was looking for a more direct way to just copy out the files as I’m planning on getting rid of this install once I have the files copied off. Specifically, the only problem with access is that I moved to a newer install of Yunohost on another server and all the SSL certificates now point there. I’d rather not change them as I’d have to change them all back again afterwards and I wouldn’t have access to the other Yunohost install until then.

That’s why I just want to copy out some files from my old VM (photos, documents etc) instead of trying to get it working again.

Fr:
En ce qui concerne le retour dans Yunohost, je connais déjà le problème et la solution, mais je cherchais un moyen plus direct de copier les fichiers car je prévois de me débarrasser de cette installation une fois que j’aurai copié les fichiers. Plus précisément, le seul problème avec l’accès est que j’ai déménagé vers une installation plus récente de Yunohost sur un autre serveur et tous les certificats SSL y pointent maintenant. Je préférerais ne pas les changer car je devrais les changer à nouveau par la suite et je n’aurais pas accès à l’autre installation de Yunohost jusque là.

C’est pourquoi je veux juste copier quelques fichiers de mon ancienne VM (photos, documents, etc.) au lieu d’essayer de la faire fonctionner à nouveau.

[En]:
Ok. I managed to figure it out myself. I had changed the default ssh port. When I changed it back, the following scp command on my local machine worked perfectly (under the French translation):

[Fr]:
Ok. J’ai réussi à le découvrir moi-même. J’avais changé le port ssh par défaut. Quand je l’ai changé à nouveau, la commande scp suivante sur ma machine locale a fonctionné parfaitement :

scp -r root@192.168.X.X:/home/yunohost.app/nextcloud/data/USERNAME/files/* ~/PATH/ON/MY/LOCAL/MACHINE/TO/COPY/FILES/TO/

1 Like