How to backup a non-yunohost server to borgserver_ynh

Hi,
I’ve already seen (that topic)[Use borg_ynh to backup to a non yunohost remote server] but I want the opposite : saving a non-yunohost server to my yunohost server.

I have 2 servers : the first one is running Yunohost with web services and the second one is not running Yunohost and hosts game servers.

Because of game servers’ repetitive corruption and problems, I want to save them once a day. I already have a Borg script that backup them in a local repo. I would like to know if it’s possible to use borgserver_ynh app to setup a repo and save my servers into the Yunohost server and how to do that.

Can you help me ?

Hello @AerisOne,

If you want to backup a non yunohost server on a yunohost server, I think installing borgserver_ynh in your yunohost server will be the right pick. You will also need to install borg manually on your other server, set it up to backup what you want there, and to send it to your yunohost backup server.

I think the whole process shouldn’t be too hard to implement (especially the part on your yunohost server). I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t offer you a detailed step by step guide, but I think the borg documentation should contain that.

Good luck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.