How can I stay connected to certain apps?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Kimsufi KS4
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH + through the webadmin

Description of my issue

Is it possible/is it a safe idea to be able to stay connected to certain apps I’m using a lot? Like for example: Navidrome, Transmission, IHateMoney, Nextcloud. Having to log in every time is inconvenient, is it possible to stay logged, when I’m accessing those from a certain IP maybe.

Thanks for your feedback about that!

1 Like

Hi isidoreisou

I can only talk about to nextcloud app.

I guess it’s an issue more related to browser config than yunohost app (IMO). Some settings and/or browser extensions (like cookie managers) could be preventing to keep you logged.

My nextcloud connection keeps the session opened to my server after reboots (currently using two browsers).

Wait for others to comment in the topic though.

Hello @ghose, so did you tweak any settings on your browser to stay logged? I’m using firefox and I don’t see any setting I can change. Thank you!

I’ve not change Firefox settings. I did mean the other way around, what extensions/plugins could be interfering with persistent login with your server?
I’ve made no changes to nextcloud default installation either.

Sorry I can’t give you any help :frowning: I just wanted to tell you that default configuration works fine at least for nextcloud (and SSO portal) and maybe some browser plugin could be deleting session cookies/ids on closing.

FYI: I keep connected to wallabag also, but I have to log in Hedgedoc every time I want to use it. Honestly, I don’t know how to help you.

Do you have persistent login with other services outside your ynh server?

1 Like

Thanks a lot, you do help me,

I don’t have any apps that stay logged, but I do have persistent login in other services, like Youtube, shopping site, etc.

I’ll try disabling Firefox tracking protection on my domain, maybe it will help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.