How can common email addresses like webmaster@ postmaster@ etc. be used? (incl. sending)

Why would anybody ever want to hardcode reserving administrative email addresses to be only configurable for the admins group?

It’s very fine to have some common and needed addresses set up for the admins group by default. But why should every admin be bothered with every address of each domain, or why would every my_webapp webmaster have to be a host admin?

What would actually seem desirable might be to have the typical administrative addresses only be configurable by the admins group. (For any group or user.)

• It could prevent that regular users can set such administrative aliases for themselves.
  • And there could be a simple general option for that restriction check to completely disallow regular users to configure their own mail aliases for themselves. (Or maybe does that option already exist?)

PS: I couldn’t test yet, nor know if it is still required, but I found a thread that seems related and mentions a config-hack needed to allow sending from group-alias addresses: