[Dokuwiki] No database wiki

:fr: Version française plus bas
:uk: English version right here

DokuWiki for YunoHost - [English Version]

Integration level
Install DokuWiki with YunoHost

This package allow you to install DokuWiki quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.
If you don’t have YunoHost, please see here to know how to install and enjoy it.

What is DokuWiki?

DokuWiki is a simple to use and highly versatile Open Source wiki software that doesn’t require a database. It is loved by users for its clean and readable syntax. The ease of maintenance, backup and integration makes it an administrator’s favorite. Built in access controls and authentication connectors make DokuWiki especially useful in the enterprise context and the large number of plugins contributed by its vibrant community allow for a broad range of use cases beyond a traditional wiki.

Shipped version: 2018-04-22a “Greebo”

Screenshots

Documentation

YunoHost specific features

• Integrate with YunoHost users and SSO - i.e. logout button
  • Allow one user to be the “administrator” (set at the installation)
  • Default authorization is set as read only so guest people cannot edit pages. (Especially needed if wiki is public to avoid spam and defacing. Can be changed from admin panel)
  • During the upgrade, official plugins are also upgraded. We recommend that you should check that they run properly in the administration panel after the upgrade. We cannot know if some plugins are broken…

Supported architectures

• x86-64b -
  • ARMv8-A -
  • Jessie x86-64b -

Limitations

• Cannot create or login with dokuwiki internal users, only users from Yunohost (Work needed for authchained plugin)

Links

Developers infos

Only if you know what you are doing AND want to switch to an unstable branch for testing or coding

Instead of merging directly into master, please do your pull request to the testing branch

To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/dokuwiki_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade dokuwiki -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/dokuwiki_ynh/tree/testing --debug

Changelog

Testing Branch

Master branch (Official release)

• 13 July 2019 - #49
    • Global upgrade of the package.
    • Add fail2ban support
  • 26 Sep 2018 #40
    • Modifications are done in the “conf” folder instead of copying the template to “$final_path” and doing the modification there
  • 1 Aug 2018 #37 - Upgrade DokuWiki to version “Greebo 2018-04-22a” and rework of the Yunohost package
  • Many missing - List taken from previous documentation
  • 07 Mar 2017 - Update app
  • 11 Feb 2017 - Create script app

Dokuwiki pour YunoHost - [Version Française]

Niveau d'intégration
Installer DokuWiki grâce à YunoHost

Dokuwiki, c’est quoi ?

DokuWiki est un logiciel wiki Open Source simple à utiliser et très polyvalent qui ne nécessite pas de base de données. Il est apprécié par les utilisateurs pour sa syntaxe propre et lisible. La facilité de maintenance, de sauvegarde et d’intégration en fait un favori d’administrateur. Des contrôles d’accès et des connecteurs d’authentification intégrés rendent DokuWiki particulièrement utile dans le contexte de l’entreprise et le grand nombre de plugins apportés par sa communauté dynamique permettent un large éventail de cas d’utilisation au-delà d’un wiki traditionnel.

Version actuelle: 2018-04-22a “Greebo”

Captures d’écran

Documentation

• Documentation officielle : manual [DokuWiki]
  • Documentation YunoHost : Pas de documentation dédiée, merci de contribuer si vous le pouvez

Fonctionnalités spécifiques YunoHost

• Fonctionne avec les utilisateurs YunoHost ainsi que le SSO - i.e. button de déconnexion
  • Définit un utilisateur “administrateur” lors de l’installation
  • Droits d’édition par défaut du wiki définis en lecture seule afin que les invités ne puissent éditer les pages. (Nécessaire surtout lorsque le wiki est public pour éviter le spam et le vandalisme. Peut être changé depuis la partie administration du wiki)
  • Lors de la mise à jour, les plugins officiels sont également mis à jour. Nous vous recommandons toutefois de vérifier le bon fonctionnement des plugins dans le panneau d’administration après cette opération. Nous ne pouvons pas savoir si des plugins spéciaux posent problèmes…

Architectures matérielles supportées

• x86-64b -
  • ARMv8-A -
  • Jessie x86-64b -

Limitations

• Impossible d’ajouter et d’utiliser les utilisateurs internes de DokuWiki, seulement ceux de Yunohost (travail nécessaire pour authchained plugin)

Liens

Informations pour développeurs et développeuses

Si vous savez ce que vous faites ET que vous souhaitez passer sur une version instable pour tester ou coder

Au lieu de fusionner directement dans master, merci d’envoyer vos “pull request” dans la branche de test testing

Pour basculer sur la branche testing, merci de procéder ainsi:

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/dokuwiki_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade dokuwiki -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/dokuwiki_ynh/tree/testing --debug

Historique des versions

Testing Branch

Master branch (Official release)

• 13 July 2019 - #49
    • Global upgrade of the package.
    • Add fail2ban support
  • 26 Sep 2018 #40
    • Modifications are done in the “conf” folder instead of copying the template to “$final_path” and doing the modification there
  • 1 Aug 2018 #37 - Mise à jour de DokuWiki vers la version “Greebo 2018-04-22a” et rénovation du paquet Yunohost
  • Many missing - List taken from previous documentation
  • 07 Mar 2017 - Update app
  • 11 Feb 2017 - Create script app
4 Likes

:uk: New testing version available to try

• 1 Aug 2018 #37 - Upgrade DokuWiki to version “Greebo 2018-04-22a” and rework of the Yunohost package

The update is huge so do backups before testing :smiley:

:fr: nouvelle version de test

• 1 Aug 2018 #37 - Mise à jour de DokuWiki vers la version “Greebo 2018-04-22a” et rénovation du paquet Yunohost

La mise à jour est importante alors faites des sauvegardes avant de tester :smiley:

Feel free to read the first post and do feedbacks. It will be used in the package later as README
Happy testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Corrected links to testing versions (https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/dokuwiki_ynh/pull/37 instead of #38)

Just upgraded my server which runs 2 wikis with the testing branch.
After the upgrade, the service php7.0-fpm was unable to restart. After a restart, it’s all good.

I will see how it behaves in the following days and will report here if there are some issues (or is it better to do it on github?)

ping @JimboJoe

This thread to report bugs is perfectly fine (I guess managing stable AND testing issues via the github tracker could be a pain).
As for the php7.0-fpm restart needed, I think I had some occurrences on my own server, but could not narrow that down to a specific app or actions sequence… :thinking:

1 Like

Confirmed that the testing version can be installed on a Raspberry pi 3 running jessie and Ynh v2.7.14

Hi all

new commits to the current testing release

• 26 Sep 2018 #40
or
1 Like

Upgrade done on my wiki and it works.

All the configurations files are modified and populated as expected.

Hello !
New stable version released :tada: !

3 Likes

Hi there,

Following the upgrade on my Rpi3 running Rasbian Stretch and Ynh 3.2.2, I got an error : my 2nd instance of dokuwiki was not upgraded, and the backup-restore script went mad and removed the app completely. See details and full logs here : https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/dokuwiki_ynh/issues/32#issuecomment-437341318.

Also the removal of the app was partial, a php-fpm pool config file remained and crashed the PHP7 service. That impacted other apps, so I had to remove the conf manually in /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d.
I’m available to help you investigate, do not hesitate to move my post to a better thread if needed.

PS : As it turns out, the backup script is not working great : because of “core_only” set up, no data from dokuwiki is actually backed up (pages and content), only the configuration…

Hello @Jaxom99,

I am afraid that you just lost all the data of your second wiki and there is nothing to do about this :sweat:.
Even if you have backup, I am not sure that it contains your data as the backup script used to do the backup was buggy. (Same bug as here https://github.com/YunoHost/issues/issues/1231#issuecomment-436068510)

When an application is upgraded, Yunohost used the backup script of the app already installed. And in this case, it was buggy and did not backup the data properly :confused:

I don’t understand why the upgrade went fine on your first wiki and failed on the second. Could you tell which php file you had to remove to make it work?

On second thought, it might be the same problem as above and used the old restore script instead of the new one …
In the old one, php5 is hardcoded so if you are on php7, it will fail to remove the php files.

Thanks for getting back to me. Fortunately it was a test wiki and no production data was lost :sweat_smile:
The exact file I removed was /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/dokuwiki__2.conf which contained the faulty line (at the moment) : chdir = /var/www/dokuwiki__2.

What is my course of action now ? Is my first DW instance fully OK and up to date ? What about the new backups ? Are they fonctionnal ?

I may reinstall the previous 2nd instance, while :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: as much as possible…

Good for you for having taken this security ! Loosing data should not happen and I need to think and give feedback to the Yunohost team on this. Beginning of discussion here : Apps deleted after update/upgrade · Issue #1231 · YunoHost/issues · GitHub

This file is directly linked to Dokuwiki so there might be a bug in the package itself and it should be investigated :eyes:. The previous person to have a similar issue was because of a previous app so I though that the package was ok and out of scope. Which is not the case apparently …

It is still weird to me that the upgrade went fine on the first Wiki (should look a the logs)
I do not have much energy to look at all the logs these days.

My answers sorted by order

• Not much more I guess. You gave all the logs asked and you are answering quickly to questions Maybe posting in the support section or going to the support chat to get more people involved. (I lack energy these days)
  • Before your answer about the php file, I would have said yes. Now, there might be a bug. All I can say is that “it works on my system” and during the tests made by myself and people who tested the code I made.
  • The “backup” script has been installed and it works. At least while I tested it myself.
  • You can test them too (and you should) and will be interested to get your feedback.

After looking at the logs, I cannot explain why it went wrong on the second wiki :neutral_face: Good news is that your first Wiki is fine and it can be backuped correctly as the script ‘backup’ is fine now.

My troubleshooting went like this:

In the php logs, we have this

[09-Nov-2018 11:20:40] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/run/php/php7.0-fpm-dokuwiki.sock
[09-Nov-2018 11:20:40] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/run/php/php7.0-fpm-dokuwiki.sock
[09-Nov-2018 11:20:40] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[09-Nov-2018 11:20:40] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[09-Nov-2018 13:11:52] ERROR: [pool dokuwiki__2] the chdir path '/var/www/dokuwiki__2' does not exist or is not a directory
[09-Nov-2018 13:11:52] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[09-Nov-2018 13:11:52] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[09-Nov-2018 13:55:59] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 6764
[09-Nov-2018 13:55:59] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

The file you had to remove can be seen but is is not the root cause of the issue
[09-Nov-2018 13:11:52] ERROR: [pool dokuwiki__2] the chdir path '/var/www/dokuwiki__2' does not exist or is not a directory
It was left by the removal script and it is due to a bug that have been patched by the last Yunohost 3.3.1 (see at the end of the post)

The logs at 11:20 are more interesting and show why php failed to restart. And lead Yunohost to remove then restore your (faulty backuped) data
I cannot explain the failure because both installation used the same helper ynh_add_fpm_config to handle the php configuration.

I leave this into the hands of @Apps people if they have time and energy to look at this. I do not know where to search next.

Continuing the discussion from YunoHost 3.3 release / Sortie de YunoHost 3.3:

Hey, thanks again for all this input ! Don’t worry, I know we’re all volunteers here (for now at least) so energy and motivation come and go. Please, do take care of yourself :wink:

I will restart and retry all of this (2nd instance, backups, …) in a few days, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hello,
It would be nice to be able to use url rewrite without any configuration tweaking.

Hello @djib,

Good idea to have prettier links. It seems quite simple to implement after looking at your post.

After your modification, do the URLs / links created before your modification still work as before?

URL in the form doku.php?id=wiki:syntax, which is the default, will still work.
I’m not sure about other formats.

1 Like

New stable release available

2 Likes

New testing release :tada:

• 29 Feb 2020 #55
    • Add URL rewriting (for pretty URLs)
or
2 Likes