Hey all! Long time no see!

Whats hapenin peeps!

Sorry I been MIA for a bit. Not that I wanted to but just didnt see anything relevant to what I’ve been doing lately. Since my machine died that had Yunohost on it (almost a year ago) I’ve fallen way behind. Lol.

I finally got my hands on a hand me down laptop with a bad screen and keyboard. So I’m gonna get back into Yunohost and install it tonight. I want to do this as a brand new install so do I have to have someone remove the old .nohost.me domain I had? Or can I just use a new one?
Also dont know if it’s relevant but I have a new router so will that make difference?

1 Like

you can reuse your previous domain name if your ip is the same.

If your ip is different. First you have to delete it from the registrations in “nohost.me” etc.
Nohost domain recovery - Suppression de domaine en nohost.me, noho.st et ynh.fr - #1101 by Doudou

If it is urgent. You can create a new domain name
but you will still have to delete your old domain name on your personal ip.
I hope I have answered your question

Yes and no. That machine has been recycled and is no longer in existence. I thought we had to email someone and ask for it to be removed.

You can ask for this on this topic Nohost domain recovery - Suppression de domaine en nohost.me, noho.st et ynh.fr

sorry I have answered several scenarios

1st question is this a self-hebergment and the personnel ip is the same ?

I honestly dont know if the ip is still the same.
I’m not planning on making it so I can use Yunohost outside my home network. So it will only be on my LAN.

je te laisse gérer @ljf
mais j’ai l impression que @unklebonehead recherche à conserver son ancien NDD d’une ancienne machine qui n’est plus. mais je ne sais pas si c’est de l autohergement

I let you manage @ljf
but I have the impression that @unklebonehead is looking to keep its old NDD from an old machine that is no longer. but I don’t know if this is self-hosting

delete your old nohost domain recovery

Wait if you want the same and install it .
After it will be possible to use it in your lan.
i would prefer this

Ok. I will give it a try tonight!

Hello @yolateng0,

I’m trying to re-use my ynh.fr domain name after a fresh install but it says that the domain is unavailable, although my IP is clearly the same. Could you help me on this?

Many thanks

Hi
Del it before .
Nohost domain recovery - Suppression de domaine en nohost.me, noho.st et ynh.fr - #1101 by Doudou
After reinstall your domain.

1 Like