Glitch-soc(Mastodon) LDAP conflict?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.3 (stable)
I have access to my server : SSH | webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : No

Description of my issue

Hello, bonjour!

I recently installed Glitch-soc (the Mastodon application is tagged as ‘low quality,’ but Glitch-soc seemed fine), on its own domain (e.g., junochatmastodon.tld) separate from the
Yunohost install (junochatyunohost.tld) where both users & public visitors are able to access.

I’m having a problem with the Yunohost default/admin account used to make the install of Glitch-soc. When I try to log in to Glitch-soc, I always get the Mastodon error page:
Security verification failed. Are you blocking cookies?

Reloading the page does not work, but I can type in the root domain (junochatmastodon.tld) again, & I am already logged in. So, authentication fails, but not really…?

I’ve tested it as a ‘public visitor’; those who sign up to the Glitch-soc instance with a brand new username/email address (not associated with Yunohost credentials), can log in without any issues.

The only error log I can see is in glitchsoc-web.service:

Sep 20 14:47:19 bundle[27973]: not verifying SSL hostname of LDAPS server 'localhost:389'
Sep 20 14:47:19 bundle[27973]: not verifying SSL hostname of LDAPS server 'localhost:389'

I’m not entirely sure where else to look in resolving this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Not much of any Mastodon-related support here, though I do think that this problem is YNH-specific… I haven’t exactly resolved this, but perhaps a workaround for those having similar issues :

You can disable LDAP by editing your .env.production file & just comment out those lines related to LDAP, according the official Mastodon documentation.

After doing so, just restart Mastodon. You’ll also have to reset your password on your Mastodon instance, either through the password reset link or manually using the admin CLI.

As far as I can tell, those who signed up to the instance with a separate account/email address not associated with a current Yunohost user are not affected.

Hope this helps someone out there!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.