Galène does not show the other users videos

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Computer
YunoHost version: 4.3.4.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no / yes
If yes, please explain:
I have Yunohost running in a computer at home. I also have a VPS where I configured a VPN so that Yunohost uses the public IP address of the VPS.

Description of my issue

Hello,

I installed Galène app. When someone goes to a browser and enters the address of the app, Galène seems to work ok, but it does not, a user can only see the video of themself alone. If there are several users, Galène shows the name of everyone, it even shows the frame where the other users should appear, but their video is never seen.

What steps would you take to troubleshoot it?

Thank you!

Is the turn port 1194 open in your box?

1 Like

Yes. I think so. Diagnosis says:

"Port 1194 is reachable from outside.

Exposing this port is needed for [?] features (service galene)"

This is not dones automatically. You need to open the turn port yourself in your box.
cf this issue: Galène log file folder, TURN "negociation failed" - #9 by Vanitarium

1 Like

Thank you. That sounds like promising, but I’m not sure I get it. I thought the port was properly open everywhere. The diagnosis says everything is ok. I guess I’m missing something.

What are the steps to do so?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.