Funkwhale music directory question

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.1
I have access to my server: Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance? Yes, I modified dphys-swapfile to use up to 8GB of swap.

Description of my issue

I just installed Funkwhale.

I was using Navidrome until now, and I was hoping I could make Funkwhale read the same directory as Navidrome. So I created a symlink like the docs say, pointing to the Navidrome music library, but Funkwhale shows nothing.

I also tried to change the music path [config/.env] to the Navidrome directory. Still shows nothing.

I have tried restarting services and even rebooting the server.

So my questions are:

• is there a way to point Funkwhale in the right direction so that it reads the directories that are already in the server?
  • or do I need to upload all the music again, but this time using the web UI?

Thanks

Did you import your tracks after the symlink ?

I did not do anything else. The tracks are already in the directory with all the folders and subfolders (that Navidrome was using just fine).

Isn’t Funkwhale able to scan these folders?

Yes it does!
From Funkwhale’s interface, you have to import “in place”, which is a sort of scanning the files :slight_smile:

https://domain/content/libraries > create new library. And once created I click on upload. Is this right?

Yes that’s it !

Not as easy as I thought it would be but ok.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Don’t hesitate to suggest some thoughts on their official forum : they are very open to suggestions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.