[FreshRs] A RSS reader

[EN]
Hi,
Even if the app is quite old now, I created a thread to communicate with freshrss users.

I just upgrade the package for yunohost 3.0 and there are breaking changes.

There is now a dedicated php-fpm pool but to upgrade the nginx settings the upgrade script need to known the domain name. So, before upgrading, it is better to add it to the application parameters with the command :
[EDIT]
check if the domain is already sets :
yunohost app setting freshrss domain
if the command return nothing :
[/EDIT]
yunohost app setting freshrss domain -v yourdomain.tld

I added this command on the install script, so new install won’t have any problem.
I’ll merge this change in a few days in hope that users have seen this warning.

You can upgrade by using the url : https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/freshrss_ynh/tree/feature/upgrade-to-stretch

In a few weeks / months when everybody will have updated, I’ll add a dedicated user for the app.

I’ll try to keep the package up-to-date.
Bye

[FR]
Salut,
Bien que le packet ne soit pas récent, je crée le sujet pour communiquer à propos du package FreshRSS.
Je viens de mettre à jour le packet pour ynh 3.0 et il y a des modifications qui sont potentiellement “dangereuses”.

Il y a maintenant un pool php-fpm dédié, que le mise à jour soit complète il est nécessaire d’ajouter le nom de domaine sur laquelle tourne l’application avec la commande suivante :
[EDIT]
Vérifiez d’abord que le paramètre n’est pas encore enregistré :
yunohost app setting freshrss domain
si la commande ne retourne rien :
[/EDIT]
yunohost app setting freshrss domain -v yourdomain.tld

J’ai ajouté la commande au script d’installation donc pour toutes les nouvelles installations, pas de soucis. Je vais merger la branche avec ces changements dans quelques jours en espérant que suffisament d’utilisateurs aient vu cet avertissement.

En attendant, il est possible de mettre à jour en utilisant l’url https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/freshrss_ynh/tree/feature/upgrade-to-stretch

Dans quelques semaines, quand tout le monde aura mis à jour, j’ajouterai un utilisateur dédié pour l’application.

J’essaierai de garder le packet à jour
Bye

4 Likes

Hello,

For my information, why is it needed to do this operation manually ?

It should be doable to retrieve the domain from Yunohost configuration or from nginx I guess

Something like :
root@yunohost:~# cat /etc/yunohost/apps/freshrss/settings.yml

Thanks for taking care of the package :slight_smile:

Hi,
This is the problem, doing this operation manually make the parameter appear into the file cat /etc/yunohost/apps/freshrss/settings.yml

I was not saving it in previous installation script, so there is no easy and reliable way to get it.
I think i would be possible to make a find freshrss.conf into nginx directory to get all domains on which the applications is installed… but what about multi-instance ?

If anyone knows a reliable way to get the domain, I am open to suggestions :slight_smile:

Hello,

There was an update of FresshRSS today that I ran on one of my servers

I checked the parameter on two servers of mine and in both cases, the parameter was set.
Are you sure about the need of running the command ?

Virtual Machine (Jessie)

root@example:~# cat /etc/yunohost/apps/freshrss/settings.yml | grep domain
domain: XXX.nohost.me
root@example:~# 

root@example:~# head /var/www/freshrss/CHANGELOG.md 
# FreshRSS changelog

## 2018-03-04 FreshRSS 1.10.1

Production server (Stretch)

root@yunohost:~# head /var/www/freshrss/CHANGELOG.md 
# FreshRSS changelog

## 2018-06-03 FreshRSS 1.11.0

About the “reliable way to get the domain”, there should be a way and I don’t have an idea on this (yet) :slight_smile:

It’s weird because in my development VM it was not set.

Maybe I made too much tests on it. But, I tried with an older version of the package et the parameter is set…

I am going to edit my message to say to only type the command if it is not already set.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

It’s weird because in my development VM it was not set.

Maybe I made too much tests on it. But, I tried with an older version of the package et the parameter is set…

I am not the only one then :sweat_smile:

I am going to edit my message to say to only type the command if it is not already set.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Thanks for the package :hugs:

Que je sois bien sûr de comprendre, il faut faire cette manip’ avant que la mise à jour de FreshRSS ne soit faite (que l’on ait monté en version de Debian ou non ?), c’est bien ça ?

Non, le passage Ă  stretch se fait bien sans avoir besoin de faire cette mise Ă  jour.
C’est dans la branche https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/freshrss_ynh/tree/feature/upgrade-to-stretch j’ai fait des netoyages pour la suite.

Bonjour, si je souhaites modifier la fréquence d’actualisation des sites, quelle est la procédure à suivre ?

Quels fichiers Ă  modifier ?

Merci

Bonjour @dcba,
Pour modifier la fréquence d’actualisation des sites, il faut cliquer sur l’icone en forme de roue dentée (en haut à droite), et choisir archivage. Une nouvelle page s’affiche. La toute première option (Ne pas automatiquement rafraîchir plus souvent que) te permet d’effectuer le réglage désiré. N’oublie pas de cliquer sur le bouton “valider” qui se trouve un peu plus bas.
Bonne journée.

Bonjour @jershon
Merci pour ta réponse, je vais tester cela, je me dis que si on check un peu trop fréquemment un site il peut nous bannir ?
Je me demande s’il y a une exception au ban pour les flux rss, qu’en penses-tu ?

Peut-être (ça dépend des configurations des sites j’imagine), et tout dépend de ce qui est défini comme “trop fréquemment”.
Cela m’étonnerait que des sites bannissent des connexions tous les >30min, et sauf rare exception une mise à jour du flux aussi fréquente est totalement surdimensionnée (plusieurs heures semble être une fréquence minimale raisonnable, voir jours pour des sites peu actifs (y’a-t-il besoin d’interroger le flux d’un blog publiant toutes les semaines 3 fois par jour ?)).
Donc a mon sens il n’y a pas de risque particulier, en restant raisonnable.

Pour l’exception au ban pour les flux rss, je ne sais pas, et ça doit probablement dépendre des sites.

Greetings to all RSS lovers! ) There is a question that isn’t discussed in documentation; and Eng support doesn’t show any signs of liveness.
All your ideas would be helpful!

There few feeds where user is interested to see all new items except few obsessive topics. And it becomes a problem to do. =( User can have needed topics via search filter as documentation tells to do. But I need your advice on filtering out things that should be discarded. (And many thanks for your efforts!) =)

Sorry, I can’t write French. =(

I don’t understand your question at all, but it seems that it could be a question to ask directly to FreshRSS, and not related to FreshRSS integration in YunoHost.

But as I don’t understand the question, I may be mistaken.

It’s pity to hear. =( Plainly speaking the question is how to throw items away so user won’t see it based on key words. Filter some articles and show everything except items which matched the filter.

Yeah, totally. But there’s nobody in their English support channel, so I hope that somebody could share their experience here.

According to he french documentation (which is partly in english :smiley: ) it is possible to make a reverse search using !
For example I created a filter :

Filtres appliqués :

Recherche de "!covid"
Afficher la catégorie "News"

Display category news and display everything BUT NOT results with « covid »

The main page for the english documentation is incomplete, but the doc itself seems complete, I think you’ll find everything here : Views

I hope it can help :smiley:

2 Likes

Damn this is brilliant. Thank you!

It’s totally deserves its own subsection for visibility.