[Flarum] A lightweight forum

Updated. Can you test it @jellium ?

@Moul I would gladly send the package to YunoHost-Apps. Is it by forking it, or is there another way to do so ?

You could send ownership on on setting of the repository.

Pro-Tip : you shoul avoid working on package on your production server ! Try to use a developement environnement (by using GitHub - YunoHost/ynh-dev: Dev environement wrapper, based on LXD, to develop on YunoHost or other solution). By doing that you can test your package on a fresh & clean server.

Thanks for working on Flarum, this is a really valueable app ! Do you manage to get a working ldap connection for members ?

Yeah, I’ve been lazy… It won’t happen again ! :smile: I will take time this weekend to setup such a dev environment.

Not yet ! I’m learning to code as I go, so I may need some time to handle PHP.
@opi, could you have a look to this issue ? I tried to implement your automatic postinstall solution, but I got a missing class error.

Hi there,
The installation worked, the issue seems to be fixed!
Post-installation worked too, I can test the forum now (-:

Thanks.

1 Like

Updated : automatic post-installation is implemented.
Now your forum is fully functional as soon as installation is finished.

Next step, SSOWat and LDAP integration. So far it felt like tinkering, but I sense that it requires more knowledge than I have. So don’t hesitate to help !

Great Work. I’ve discover Flarum when I was searching for a software which can create a forum. I’ve tried to install manually but many errors appear. So this package is an opportunity for me and it works !
I’ve just a question about Flarum : Can Admin create users ? And how can admin do this ?
And is it normal that when a user signs in(after signing up), nothing appears (just the name of the forum) ?

Thanks.

frju365

Hi @frju365, thank you for testing the package !

It seems that the feature to add users from the admin panel is not implemented yet. Here is the open issue about it. I’m learning about SSOwat, LDAP and HTTP auth to implement automatic user creation with YNH’s login : you can create a new user with an API call and an admin token. See here, but I’ve yet to find the correct syntax of such a call.

About your empty forum after signing up and signing in, can you take a screenshot ? That’s definitely weird. Can you check that you’re still in https ? What about signing out, refresh, or signin in with admin account ? Don’t hesitate to open an issue on github with such information, I will try to reproduce the issue.

Hello TitusPiJean,
Thanks for your answer.
To answer your questions :

• I’m still in https:// when I sign in as user.
  • Nothing appears :
  • When I sign in with my admin account, Flarum appears. And as guest too. Only if I’m a member(user) nothing appears.

Thanks.
frju365

Hi @frju365, I cannot reproduce the issue.
Can you remove and install the package again ?
If you can run the installation by command line sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/flarum_ynh --verbose, I would like to see the logs (don’t forget to remove any password, notably at the beginning of the log).

Hi

I’m trying to install flarum in ynh beta 2.5 and installation failed.

I’m doing :
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/flarum_ynh --verbose

I just notice a strange warning (to me) :
+ sudo mkdir /var/www/flarum
+ sudo mv /tmp/flaruminstall/flarum /var/www/flarum/..
Warning: mv: cannot create directory ‘/var/www/flarum/../flarum’: No such file or directory

And at the end :
Error: Installation failed

But no explicit error message during install…

Any idea where I should have a look to find a reason ?

Thx

@tituspijean, Sorry… I’m a bit late… (3 months)
I’ve reinstalled Flarum on a new installation and now it works fine. That was surely a problem which come from the settings of nginx.

Thanks.

@nimch, a issue is opened on github for your problem.
https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/flarum_ynh/issues/14#issuecomment-272830702

@frju365, thanks for your answer. Without being able to replicate your issue, I confess I had put it aside. I’m glad it was solved !

@nimch, I indeed opened an issue. I will look into it tonight. Can you confirm that everything is up-to-date on your server, with the latest beta for YNH ?

Damned I fucked up my last comment !

Well… I was wrinting :

@tituspijean

I confirm my system is up-to-date.

Last 2 lines in verbose mode install:
+ sudo service nginx reload

Thx

@nimch, can you do in the terminal sudo nginx -t ? and post here what returned this command ?

Of course :
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

@frju365
I guess everything is OK with this nginx -t because in case of failure the installation script reverses everything back to normal. :wink:

I think the problem lays with the mv command @nimch quoted earlier. If you are in a hurry and know how to do it, clone the repo, edit the install script and replace lines 78 and 79

sudo mkdir $final_path
sudo mv $tmp/$app $final_path/..

by

sudo cp -Rfv $tmp/$app $final_path/

Then run the moulinette with this local package. I will anyway look into it tonight.

1 Like

@tituspijean

I did :

git clone GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/flarum_ynh: Flarum, an open-source forum software, packaged for YunoHost /tmp/install_script_flarum
sudo vim /tmp/install_script_flarum/scripts/install

#sudo mkdir $final_path
#sudo mv $tmp/$app $final_path/…
sudo cp -Rfv $tmp/$app $final_path/

sudo yunohost app install /tmp/install_script_flarum --verbose

=> Success! Installation complete

Thx

1 Like

hi

@tituspijean

I saw you’ve updated flarum package so I removed successful hacky install and I’m trying “official” install again.
I have another error, I’ve opened an issue here.
Warning: ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table ‘flarum.api_keys’ doesn’t exist

Hi ! Bonjour !
@nimch: can you open an issue on github ?
Thanks,
frju365