[FIXED] Mailman/Postfix list.example.com error

Hey,

I just noticed that my Mailman instance doesn’t send mails as before (it was working very well since 1y).

I checked the logs in /var/log/mailman/ but they were all empty, so I checked /var/log/mail.log and here’s what appeared :

Jan 7 02:26:52 vps113516 postfix/trivial-rewrite[29115]: warning: do not list domain lists.example.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

Which made me catch up this kind of threads : https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix-do-not-list-domain-example.com-in-both-mydestination-and-virtual_mailbox_domains

… telling me to delete the duplicata in /etc/postfix/main.cf. So I removed that domain from mydestination. Restarting postfix and… here’s what the server responded me when trying to send an email to "mylist-requests@lists.example.com" :
5.1.1 <ag-requests@lists.radiorhino.eu>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table.

… and /var/log/mail.log :

do not list domain lists.radiorhino.eu in BOTH virtual_mailbox_domains and relay_domain

Any idea ? FYI, I didn’t touch any domain names parameters and it seems to be related to a recent upgrade. Could it be that a mailman update caused this ?

Thanks !

Eeeeh, did you happen to upgrade the old mailman app to the recent one ? xD

Eeeeeh, nope lol. Gush, do I need to export mailman’s data and reimport after upgrade ?

Weeeell, yes you do :sweat_smile: But since I have access to the server I can probably do that for ya :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: anyway if you did the upgrade, then the answer is probably due to fact that : the way the link between postfix and mailman has been completely reworked.

1 Like

That would be the nicest thing. Jvoulais juste pas encore te déranger lel mais si tu proposes :smiley:

Oookay. Thx for the notice.