Firefox not able to access yunohost server

Hardware: raspberry pi 3
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …all
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello. I am unable to log into yunohost via firefox on my linux laptop. I am unable to access the site at all, nothing loads when entering the site address, and I see no errors in the firefox console. I am able to access the server via midori browser or chrome on the same laptop, and firefox works on another machine as well without problems. I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps I can take. I have to assume something is wrong in the firefox config, but refreshing the browser made no difference. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I’m not sure where to look for error messages since I don’t see any
Thank you!

Is this a new install ? (or at least a new domain/IP) ?
Maybe your Firefox use another DNS server or DNS over HTTPS ?
(I had problems with a loooooong cache on the DNS server I used).

What is displayed in Firefox ?

Can you elaborate on what exactly happens, do you just see a blank, white page, or are there any error message

Considering that works on another browser, this is probably some browser extension or browser setting interfering…

Hello and thanks for taking the time. I see nothing in firefox at all. No message and I ran the console to see if there was something there but there are none. I try to open the sso (or nextcloud) url and the screen remains blank on loading with no activity. I managed to access once using private mode, but then I could not replicate it. Using another firefox container also does not work.

This browser was working for yunohost until yesterday, so whatever happened it happened since then. I did have to hard reset the server, this morning but I can’t see why that would be related.

I can make some guesses as to what it is. Perhaps the server is refusing the connection from this browser, is there somewhere to check that? Or is there a log I can check that might tell me more on the server or firefox?

Thanks!

Here is an update. This particular machine is actually a usb key (ventoy) I plug into different laptops at different locations, and trying at a different location now I can log into yunohost with firefox. I’m glad it works but it’s still quite mysterious to me what happened. I still need to try it on the original problematic machine. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.