Find and Edit ntfy user.db for access control

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: ntfy

Description of my issue

I’m trying to do the access control instructions and the ntfy command doesn’t work. I’m guessing because I installed it via the portal within the Yunohost instead of directly to the Raspberry Pi.

I can get to the server.yml file, though it’s in a different directory than the documentation states.

I want to be able to make the whole app public but still allow some channels to be private, so I’m trying to edit the user.db per the instructions. I won’t know what to do with it when I find it, but the problem is that I can’t find it.

There is no /var/lib/ntfy/user.db, there isn’t even a /var/lib/ntfy.

Anyone else who has experience with authorization using the ntfy app, I’d love to hear your advice.

/var/www/ntfy

To make app public simply change auth-defaul-access parameter from “deny-all” to “read-write” in server.yml

Is it possible to make the app private by default but make some topics public? I could do the reverse and make some channels private?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.