Error when I get to the partitioning step of the graphical install

Hello!

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Intel NUC i5-5010U
YunoHost version: 4.1.6
I have access to my server : Physically with a keyboard/mouse/monitor
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I’m encountering an error when I get to the partitioning step of the graphical install - I select Guided - use entire disk, then my disk (250GB), and then after a few seconds it shows “Failed to create a file system. The ext4 file system creation in partition #1 of SCSI4 (0,0,0) (sda) failed.” Then it shows a semi-generic spiel about how all data on the disks will be destroyed, and asks me if I want to write the changes to the disks. If I select No, nothing happens, and if I select Yes, the cycle repeats. This happens if I select to use LVM or even if I partition manually. I installed Ubuntu to make sure it wasn’t an issue with the disk and Ubuntu installed fine.

Thank you all in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I figured it out so I figured I’d update this post incase someone else was having this issue:
I created a live Ubuntu USB, booted to it on the target machine, and completely erased the target disk (not even leaving a filesystem, nothing)
That solved the issue

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.