Error during System update of Nextcloud from 15.0.11~ynh1 to 22.2.3~ynh1

Hello,

I have an error when I’m doing an system update of Nextcloud from 15.0.11~ynh1 to 22.2.3~ynh1. The log of the process is available here : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/kiyukusoxa

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Wow, I know that when things works, do mot touch it, but here, this is a BIG upgrade :scream:

I have no real idea on what is exactly the problem, but it occured after the upgrade from 15 to 16 (each version is upgraded one by one, NextCloud do not handle multiple version jump).

2022-04-24 18:19:42,816: DEBUG - + sudo -u nextcloud php7.3 --define apc.enable_cli=1 occ --no-interaction --no-ansi -V
2022-04-24 18:19:48,301: WARNING -     0/0 [>---------------------------]   0%PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap' not found in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_texteditor/lib/AppInfo/Application.php on line 37
2022-04-24 18:19:48,346: DEBUG - + ynh_exit_properly

One thing you can try is to disable as many apps in nextcloud as possible and re-enable them after.
Take cane to try first with apps that do not need stored data, just in case. (Here it seems that the texteditor app failed, but as you have many, other problems can occur, I remember a version on which I needed to uninstall face recognition totally to be able to upgrade).

Good luck, and I really think you should upgrade apps/system more than once every 3 years :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I have the error " 502 Bad Gateway" with nginx when I access to nextcloud so I have to fix that before disabling some apps.

I know I have waiting too much before updating.

1 Like

Can you restore the backup created during the upgrade ?
It may fail but there will be logs.

As @Mamie said, you should upgrade version by version, you can’t skip one.
You may try to go to the admin page (in nextcloud > settings > overview - admin section) upgrade. Do upgrades till 21 and for the last upgrade try the yunohost upgrade script.
I’m not sure it will work without pain.
But prepare for installing it from scratch.

1 Like

Hi,
It seems that the backup is restored automatically. I have fixed the access to nextcloud it was a bad configuration in the /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf. With access to nextcloud I have updated manually some apps. Then I restart again to do the system update of nextcloud, it fail again. But after that the app nextcloud was not available as user apps. the folder /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/ does not contain nextcloud.conf anymore. The log is here : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/uzuheyapax

There seems to be an error in the app text editor.

2022-04-25 09:59:10,289: WARNING -     0/0 [>---------------------------]   0%PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap' not found in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_texteditor/lib/AppInfo/Application.php on line 37

You should remove this app to try to make the upgrade work.

The YunoHost updater already to this (this was my 1st idea, but according to the logs, migrations are done one by one, so YunoHost team really deserve as much love as possible to maintain such scripts :heart: )

Thanks you and Jarod5001 too, for you help. Disabling the text editor apps in nextcloud solve the issue. Nextcloud is updated. Now I understand what is interesting in the log file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.