[Ergo] A modern IRC server (daemon/ircd)

Ergo for YunoHost

Integration level Working status Maintenance status
Install Ergo with YunoHost

Lire ce readme en français.

This package allows you to install Ergo quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don’t have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.

Overview

Ergo (formerly known as Oragono) is a modern IRC server written in Go. Its core design

Features

• Being simple to set up and use
  • Combining the features of an ircd, a services framework, and a bouncer (integrated account management, history storage, and bouncer functionality)
  • Bleeding-edge IRCv3 support, suitable for use as an IRCv3 reference implementation
  • High customizability via a rehashable (i.e., reloadable at runtime) YAML config

Shipped version: 2.10.0~ynh1

Demo: https://testnet.ergo.chat/

Screenshots

Screenshot of Ergo

Disclaimers / important information

• Known Limitations:
    • WebIRC has not been setup correctly for now
  • Other Information
    • Command to become operator is /OPER admin password_set_during_install

Documentation and resources

Developer info

Please send your pull request to the testing branch.

To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/ergo_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade ergo -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/ergo_ynh/tree/testing --debug
4 Likes

Yunohost: testing
Platform: image running on kvm

I have an error with ergo because I get a 502 Bad Gateway trying to connect to page.

In the nginx error log I see this message

2022/07/07 18:25:24 [error] 39422#39422: *1 SSL_do_handshake() failed (SSL: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number) while SSL handshaking to upstream, client: 5.171.24.225, server: cybervalley.hopto.org, request: "GET /ergo/ HTTP/2.0", upstream: "https://127.0.0.1:6667/", host: "cybervalley.hopto.org", referrer: "https://cybervalley.hopto.org/yunohost/sso/"

Nginx error is only for the helper page. You can still connect to your IRC server.

I made a mistake with the Nginx configuration for the helper page in one of the recent commits (and the CI did not catch it) :frowning:

Edit: I will push the fix once I’m back from my trip

If you know what is the error I can try to fix it in my installation while you are on journey :slight_smile:

The Nginx configuration should be like:

#sub_path_only rewrite ^__PATH__$ __PATH__/ permanent;
location __PATH__/ {
    alias /var/www/ergo/help/;
}

Where PATH is whatever /url it is in the file: /etc/Nginx/conf.d/domain.tld.d/ergo

1 Like

It works, removing the previous lines

You can install the latest update for the package as well, it fixes this bug

1 Like

Hi

I have an issue with my TLS certificate with ergo… maybe you could help me out!

- Journal begins at Mon 2023-12-18 21:05:22 CST, ends at Tue 2023-12-19 00:46:00 CST. --
Dec 19 00:15:54 systemd[1]: Started Ergo.
Dec 19 00:15:54 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 19 00:15:54 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 19 00:32:43 systemd[1]: Started Ergo.
Dec 19 00:32:43 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 19 00:32:43 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
-- Boot 29c041dc90e64da99508145266bf31ff --
Dec 19 00:36:49 systemd[1]: Started Ergo.
Dec 19 00:36:55 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 19 00:36:55 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 19 00:45:45 systemd[1]: Started Ergo.
Dec 19 00:45:45 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 19 00:45:45 systemd[1]: ergo.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Log file

2023/12/19 00:15:54 Config file did not load successfully: failed to prepare listeners: Invalid TLS cert/key pair: open /etc/yunohost/certs/chatsafemediapodcasts.site/crt.pem: permission denied
2023/12/19 00:32:43 Config file did not load successfully: failed to prepare listeners: Invalid TLS cert/key pair: open /etc/yunohost/certs/chatsafemediapodcasts.site/crt.pem: permission denied
2023/12/19 00:36:55 Config file did not load successfully: failed to prepare listeners: Invalid TLS cert/key pair: open /etc/yunohost/certs/chatsafemediapodcasts.site/crt.pem: permission denied
2023/12/19 00:45:45 Config file did not load successfully: failed to prepare listeners: Invalid TLS cert/key pair: open /etc/yunohost/certs/chatsafemediapodcasts.site/crt.pem: permission denied

Thanks in advance

Hi @chatsafemedia

I got the same error after a fresh install. I fixed it by adding the ergo user to the ssl-cert group. Not sure if that is the best and safest solution, but it works now.

2023/12/19 00:45:45 Config file did not load successfully: failed to prepare listeners: Invalid TLS cert/key pair: open /etc/yunohost/certs/chatsafemediapodcasts.site/crt.pem: permission denied

This bug will be fixed in the next update ^w^