Dyndns diagnostic error after buster migration

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 4.1.7.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello, I have 1 strange warning after my mygration under buster:

La résolution DNS semble fonctionner, mais il semble que vous utilisez un /etc/resolv.conf personnalisé.

• Le fichier /etc/resolv.conf doit être un lien symbolique vers /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf lui-même pointant vers 127.0.0.1 (dnsmasq). Si vous souhaitez configurer manuellement les résolveurs DNS, veuillez modifier /etc/resolv.dnsmasq.conf.

But, I’ve never changed anything in this file? What should I do?

And the second point, which could be related to the first: an error with dyndns:

Certains enregistrements DNS sont manquants ou incorrects pour le domaine polochon.nohost.me (catégorie basic)

La configuration DNS de ce domaine devrait être automatiquement gérée par Yunohost. Si ce n'est pas le cas, vous pouvez essayer de forcer une mise à jour en utilisant yunohost dyndns update --force.
Cet enregistrement DNS ne semble pas correspondre à la configuration recommandée :
Type : AAAA
Nom : @
La valeur actuelle est : 2a01:e0a:75:c240:65a0:fc02:a4cb:2435
La valeur attendue est : 2a01:e0a:75:c240:6f24:e15b:3bb3:815c

I’ve tried the yunohost dyndns update --force command but it changes nothing.

I don’t really understand why these messages are here, so I ask your help before try to fix it myself…

Thanks in advance.
Polochon

Hmyeah sorry about that, /etc/resolv.conf is subject to kind of a “war”, there’s like a dozen programs willing to control it and usually one of those ends up just taking it over without asking …

Basically this should fix it (we should in fact include this command in the diagnosis message):

ln -sf /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

And also be sure to check that cat /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf shows nameserver 127.0.0.1

Does it says it updates something ? Or does it says no update is needed at all ? (Maybe there’s a cache issue somewhere and you just need to wait ~1 hour idk :confused: )

Maybe there’s a cache issue somewhere and you just need to wait ~1 hour idk :confused: )

It seems you was right, there is no more issue! :tada:
And the new simlink resolv.conf also fix the issue. Everythings seems working well!
Thanks a lot for this great distribution! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.