Dynamic DNS with Automatic DNS

:uk:/:us: Message template (english)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

My setup is a dedicated server at my home. I do not have a static IP address. My Domain-Registar is OVH

Description of my issue

Hello dear community,

I would like to ask for help.

However, I’m not sure if this is a bug on my side, a bug in Yunohost or a desired/expected behavior. I haven’t found anything about this in the forum yet and hopefully I haven’t overlooked anything

Two days ago I changed my domain DNS management.
Until now I configured my sub-domains sub.domain.tls via ddclient.conf and the Dyn-DNS service from OVH. But since I want to use domain.tls as well, I wanted to test the AUTOMATIC-DNS feature.

So I configured the AUTOMATIC-DNS for my domain.tls. These included also all sub.domain.tls. Everything worked immediately (impressive ^^)
However, two days later nothing was accessible, after I looked it was because my IP address had changed and the AUTOMATIC-DNS function had to be triggered manually.
My question, since I am running the server at home (so behind a dynamic IP address), my question would be if I can somehow configure AUTOMATIC-DNS to automatically propagate the IP address change to OVH or is it the current expected behavior?

Thank you and best regards

The feature doesn’t update itself the ip (for now 4.x and 11.0), so you probably should trigger it with a cron by yourself.

Thank you very much for the answer. As I am not very familiar with cron job, can you point me in a direction on what to do?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.