dpkg/APT (the system package managers) seems to be in a broken state

and sudo dpkg --configure -a doesn’t seem to do anything:(

This is the part I find so weird:

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/radeon/banks_k_2_smc.bin for module radeon

Hmmmokay let’s have a look at dpkg --list | grep radeon

that returns this:

dpkg --list | grep radeon
ii libdrm-radeon1:amd64 2.4.97-1 amd64 Userspace interface to radeon-specific kernel DRM services – runtime
ii xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:19.0.1-1 amd64 X.Org X server – AMD/ATI Radeon display driver

the good news is that I’m now able to upgrade the system files successfully, thanks! I’m not sure what happened since it didn’t work right afterwards

Uuuh you mean the issue is fixed o.O ?

Otherwise I would naively try to run apt install libdrm-radeon1 xserver-xorg-video-radeon --reinstall and maybe that would fix the issue :confused:

Yes, the problem with being unable to update system files is fixed it seems. I haven’t tried to install the initial apps again, but I did run this command for the radeon issue and it seems to have run successfully:)

https://paste.yunohost.org/oletesudeg.sql

I just successfully installed Bludit, which was how I discovered the issue in the beginning.

Thanks so much! Every time I get a bit more knowledge as to what can break the installation, I really appreciate all the help:)

I’ve marked the removal of the old kernel to free up space as the solution to this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.