DNS resolution working, but not?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi (specify version, 0 to 4) at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 11.1.0.2 (testing)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

I’m ok at looking after my server, I kind of know my way around and I can use nano to make changes using ssh etc, but recently, (wish I could remember when it started) I have been getting the following message sent to root:

[WARNING] DNS resolution seems to be working, but it looks like you’re using a custom /etc/resolv.conf. - The file /etc/resolv.conf should be a symlink to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf itself pointing to 127.0.0.1 (dnsmasq). If you want to manually configure DNS resolvers, please edit /etc/resolv.dnsmasq.conf.

I have to confess although I understand what the message is saying, I’m not sure what I’m doing with this one, and should I be concerned?

My set-up is straight forward except I have a Rpi with Wiregaurd installed. This is only in place so that I can VPN into the server from outside in case of server maintenance or access to other devices on the property. During the set up of Wiregaurd, you are asked about DNS settings etc. Would this be where this message is coming from? I have doubts about that, but what do I know…

Best wishes all… Oh and have a great Christmas if thats your thing…

Dj

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.