Disk encryption

Hi to you all!

I am doing some research on how to encrypt my YunoHost VPS, and I see many potential solutions here. Nevertheless, I am not good with complex technical practices.

As the original post mentions, it would be extremely useful if there was a unitary default opt-in solution for full disk encryption.

Do you know if anyone is working or has ever worked on that?

Thanks a lot!
Tommi

I am considering enabling LUKS disk encryption to my server, and I was wondering which of the methods above (or any others) people would recommend.

I currently sign in to my server using SSH and a password (not an SSH key), and in my partitions, my /home folder is contained within / (root), it doesn’t have a separate partition. It was a standard GUI installation; I didn’t modify the partitions.

The dropbear method (above) seems easy enough, but will I need to switch to using an SSH key to sign in, instead of a password? If not, then would this avoid having to follow ‘Stephen’s encrypted home directories’ instructions (linked in the dropbear instructions)?

Edit

I’ve learned the hard way that those instructions expect you to have disk encryption (LUKS) set up already. Do not attempt until this is in place!