Discourse, Wiki.js and SSO

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Virtualbox (and also vps)
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | through screen via VirtualBox
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain:
Well I am just playing with Yunohost in a Virtualbox and I have not bothered to set up certificates or making it accessible from outside of my laptop. I also have access to a test instance of Yunohost on a vps through SSH that is exposed to the web. Our working instance also behaves the same in the issue I am exploring so I do not think this is an issue at all. I access my test instance via pokus.yuno (I edited my /etc/hosts to make it work).

Description of my issue

I would like to use one interface to login to all our applications on our domain. So on my test instance, I would like to use the left screen in the following picture (sorry, as a new user I cannot post two pictures):

for all applications. I installed Etherpad and it works - when I go to pad.pokus.yuno (where I installed it) I get the left screen above and when I log in I get straight into the Etherpad application.

However, with Discourse, which I installed to diskuze.pokus.yuno, I get the right screen in the above picture. I followed GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh: Discourse package for YunoHost to make discourse use LDAP. It says “Supported, with LDAP (no SSO)” so maybe what I am trying to do is impossible with Yunohost? but just a few lines above it says

Integration with YunoHost users and SSO:

• LDAP integration: on the login pop-up, you can choose “Login with LDAP” and use your YunoHost credentials

which would lead me to believe SSO is possible.

So my questions are:

1. Is SSO possible with Discourse and Yunohost?

2. If yes, how could I make it work?

3. If no, should it be reported as a bug or is it something that is both desirable and worked on already? I have no idea how complex this is.

4. In any case, maybe the Readme of Discourse could be clarified?

5. Edit: I also installed Wiki.js and configured LDAP. SSO also does not seem to work (after clicking on a tile in the user portal, I am not logged on). I dicovered Users and the SSO | Yunohost Documentation which says that SSO does not work always. Is there a list of apps that support it/do not? It seems to be an information that is kind of hard to find. Or should this be stored per readme in Github repositories of individual apps? I am not sure what the relationship between docs at Discourse | Yunohost Documentation and GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh: Discourse package for YunoHost is supposed to be. The first sounds official but provides much less information than the readme at Github.

Bumping this one, I am still trying to find it about SSO and Discourse and Wiki.js.

Edit: I found this: Setup DiscourseConnect - Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso) - admins - Discourse Meta

Which seems that it should be able to work with some sort of SSO, but I unfortunately lack the skills to integrate this with ssowat :-(.

Edit2: Solution posted here, thanks: Discourse: autologin with SSO

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.