[Discourse] A forum/mailing list tool

Bonsoir,
Depuis la màj que j’ai faite le 21 juillet Discourse n’envoie plus de mail et je n’arrive pas à retrouver une configuration qui fonctionne. Est-ce qu’une bonne âme pourrait m’envoyer son fichier discourse.conf (fonctionnel avec la dernière version Yunohost !) ?
Merci d’avance :pray:

Your configuration file may have been backuped during the upgrade process (with the helper ynh_backup_if_checksum_is_different) to this folder: /home/yunohost.conf/backup/...

Je n’ai pas perdu ma configuration antérieure, mais la configuration qui fonctionnait auparavant ne fonctionne plus. J’en ai essayé d’autres sans succès, c’est pourquoi j’aimerais m’inspirer du fichier d’autres admins.

Est-ce que je suis le seul à avoir ce problème de configuration des mails ? Ou, au contraire, personne n’arrive à le faire fonctionner ?
Avec la rentrée le dysfonctionnement est vraiment gênant et je ne sais plus dans quelle direction chercher.

New stable release available :tada:

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh/tree/testing
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade discourse -u https://github.com/YunoHost-
2 Likes

Pour info, je n’ai jamais réussi à utiliser le smtp local. J’ai pris un service externe (mailgun).

New stable release available :tada:

• 7 December 2021 #98
    • Upgrade to version 2.7.11
3 Likes

Upate failed on my server : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/dadoxefita

It failed badly as the backup can not be restored. It seems that it is a lack of free space on the drive but I am not sure and it sounds strange as I have more than 4 Go free. Also it should not fail like that.

I am trying to restore but advices are welcome.

I have restored the backup, including system backup… but Discourse is still not updated. Will try later with more free space. Any other tips welcome.

NB: i was unable to install discourse cause i had uglifyjs installed on my system (2.8.x). I have publish a workaround in the issue for those who meet the same problem: Unable to install due to uglify error · Issue #99 · YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh · GitHub

1 Like

Hello @ericg I have seen that you were working on publishing Discourse 2.8X.
How are you doing so far? Is it that hard to publish a new version?
Actually, my team and I would need to upgrade Discourse-YNH to 2.9. Do you know a way to do it? Maybe help you in the process of making this update possible?

Thank you

this it the third app installation i’m having problems with today. :sob:
here’s the log.

anyone that can help?

Do you have swap partition?

WARNING - You must have a swap partition in order to install and use this application

don’t think so.
it is something i have to do through yunohost or directly on the server?

you have to set swap on the server, and swappiness must be over 55

1 Like

Any news on update to version 2.9?

No. Work is to be done to adapt the applied patches. My test did not succeed

Hi, thanks for the packaging !

Could you please add the command line for removing a plugin next to the one for adding one ?
How-tos → Install plugins
I can’t guess how to deal with it without accessing the containers/app.yml file.

Bonjour, merci pour ce paquet !

Est-ce que vous pourriez ajouter la ligne de commande à entrer pour retirer un plugin à côté de celle à entrer pour en ajouter un ? Je n’arrive pas à voir comment faire sans accès au fichier de conf habituel containers/app.yml.

Merci d’avance !

Currently, it seems to me that Discourse isn’t installable due to Install fails on "bin/bundle: No such file or directory" · Issue #153 · YunoHost-Apps/discourse_ynh · GitHub

And I fear it lags behind upstream badly… any particular thing to do (beyond trying to dig the install scripts myself). Maybe worth removing it from the apps which are prompted as installable on stable/11 ?

My 2 cents,

Je constate qu’une nouvelle version (2.8.14) est disponible., Donc le paquet est encore maintenu (et fonctionne chez moi, installé depuis longtemps).

A new version is available (2.8.14). So someone is still maintaining the package.