Daily receiving mail "Another YunoHost command is running right now, we are waiting for it to finish before running this one"

My YunoHost server

Hardware: laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.2.9.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH, through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Since a few weeks, I’m receiving daily the following mail, with some slight variations in the content.

/etc/cron.daily/yunohost-certificate-renew:
Another YunoHost command is running right now, we are waiting for it to finish before running this one
Still waiting...
Still waiting...
Still waiting...
Still waiting...
The other command just completed, now starting this command

It’s not a big deal, but I was just wondering if someone knows of something that changed in yunohost recently that could have made this appear or if the change is just in my server. To know if there’s something I can do to stop receiving them.

My current theory is that it’s due to the server being a bit over-solicited (by synapse, an issue that I’m still trying to resolve) and this therefore make other commands slower, resulting in daily yunohost tasks overlapping with backups or other daily stuff I set up.

I do not have this kind of emails, but on my side, I have too many backups, running every days, and when a backup is running, no other YunoHost command can run.

I am lucky enough not to have the certificate renew at the time of backups I guess :person_shrugging:

What you can do is to connect on your server un SSH, at the time of these mails, and run something like sudo ps auxf and check what YunoHost command is currently running.

Hey @Mamie,

Thanks for the answer.
I’ll try that :slight_smile:

( Or maybe I’ll setup a cron task to try it for me so that I don’t have to be up as early as cron.daily :wink: )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.